Front STB

Posted by: 01GTshaner

Front STB - 02/18/09 12:55 AM

I've heard only amazing things about these things. I came across ZZP's brand and Wbodystores at like 70+ dollars, than there is the GM version and its 24.99. Whats the diff?

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/gm-strut-tower-brace-p-199.html

I think i'll grab that sometime soon, seeing as my neighborhood and all surrounding areas are full of turns, and taking them fast(er) is always fun ! Is that a good product to go with?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Front STB - 02/18/09 06:33 AM

Looks. Is the only difference. The GM one looks standard and blends in nicely.

Personally I put both the front and rear on and never noticed a difference. Then again I don't go throwing my GP around turns.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Front STB - 02/18/09 08:15 AM

I have the GM one. Works fine for me.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Front STB - 02/18/09 09:44 AM

NextLevel/SpeedBuilt. But those are discontinued, and can only find them used now. BMR is supposedly a good brand. Heard good things about GMPP, but I didnt like the fact that I would need additional brackets to mount if I didnt wanna drill into the strut towers.

Re: Front STB - 02/18/09 10:10 AM

Where does the rear one go? Lol!

I think i might just pick up two of them.. i'm sure it wouldn't hurt
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Front STB - 02/18/09 10:19 AM

The rear one goes on the rear. Open your trunk and you can see your rear strut towers hiding underneath the carpet.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Front STB - 02/18/09 10:20 AM

It goes on the trunklid.

Re: Front STB - 02/18/09 10:21 AM

Durr LOL! Thanks. Is it really worth buying the rear ? I figure the car would sway more on the front since thats where the steering is done? Probably wrong but oh well haha.