kyb gr-2's

Posted by: pedal down

kyb gr-2's - 04/21/07 11:55 PM

I installed my KYB's today. man it was a long day. overall i couldn't beleive how easy it was since ive never done struts before. the front end is kind of creaky tho, im thinking maybe the new mounts are breaking in? i reused the factory springs, and i don't think i could ever drive my car with lowering springs since it still slams over potholes, the ride quality would be horrible with the streets here. overall im happy with the gr-2's.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 12:01 AM

did it change the rear ride height? Mine has a slight sag and I'm considering replacing the springs when I do my struts but not sure if thats the problem.
Posted by: brown

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 03:16 AM

my gr2's reduced the rear sag. Struts are like people, the older they get more the rear starts to sag.
Posted by: Lino

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 12:54 PM

So what would be a suggested mileage to change the struts

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 04:29 PM

i have two 12" subs in the bake and the gap between the front and rear wheels is the same. def. brouhgt the rear height up. i pushed down the shaft on my rear strut afer removal, and it didn't come back up on its own. stock springs are good.
Posted by: Igor

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
my gr2's reduced the rear sag. Struts are like people, the older they get more the rear starts to sag.
HAHAHAHAHA!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 06:37 PM

Getting mine this week! Glad to hear it wasn't so bad to install. I did some rear's before, but not fronts yet.
Posted by: theone2043

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 06:41 PM

yea it was a cake walk... this is the first car im working on...

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 08:32 PM

how's the ride with eibachs?
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 08:48 PM

the creaky noise is that just when you turn the wheel or when does it make the noise

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 08:57 PM

i like!! it does seem a lil bouncey on bumps but it tightens up right after, but its like night and day when takin turns, im trying to train my self not to hit the brakes around most turns. and so far the lower height hasnt caused any issuses which i thought it would i say go with them youll like them

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 09:14 PM

eibachs are great, just try to avoid any steep inclines. Even some drive ways will catch the front fascia or the tail pipes depending on how you pull out.

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 10:45 PM

it makes the noise when i turn it far, when moving it doesn't do it so much.

so the eibach's don't promote too harsh a ride? pogo eliminators would tame that bounce theone is getting right?

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/22/07 11:30 PM

no i have the pogo eliminators... on all 4
Posted by: Jason2000GTP

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/23/07 01:23 PM

its a good idea to replace the strut top mounts if your gonna have em all apart to do the struts anyway. but grease up everything. anywhere the rubber mounts will touch the frame, and make sure the bearings are set right. mine would squeek on tight turns until i pulled them again and greased em all up.
kinda like a poly bushing squeek. been fine for the last 25k miles tho.

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/23/07 09:21 PM

how did you put the bearings? i forget to check before i ripped apart the old strut to get the new spring. i think i put the higher part closer to the engine. and i did get new mounts, i only used the factory springs and rubber seats.

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/23/07 09:22 PM

so even with the pogo elim. you still get some bounce? do you have that bouncing brown?

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/23/07 11:32 PM

i have some bounce, not a ton and I dont have the pgo eliminators. The springs i have are kinda old so they've probably compressed and arent as responsive as they once were.

Re: kyb gr-2's - 04/24/07 12:14 AM

yea not a lot just over bigger bumps does it pogo more but generally they are fine