Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction

Posted by: pullingmyhairout

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction - 02/02/06 07:45 PM

Anybody ever had a P0443 code?

Re: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction - 02/02/06 08:52 PM

also i can reset the code but then it will come back after a bit....i'll try the gas cap... thanks
Posted by: framos242

Re: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction - 02/03/06 10:29 AM

Check the wiring of the EVAP Purge Circuit. I read somewhere that there's a sensor near the altenator.

Maybe this could help:
http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P0443.htm

Re: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction - 02/03/06 11:55 AM

Thanks for the info framos!!!
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction - 02/03/06 12:02 PM

Check all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Pull all of them one by one and see if any are blown.
A 0443 is one of the codes I was throwing on my last issue. I was told the number 20 fuse was blown. The number 20 fuse is a spare, so I don't know which one they replaced.
Posted by: framos242

Re: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction - 02/03/06 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pullingmyhairout:
Thanks for the info framos!!!
No prob. thumbsup

Re: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction - 02/03/06 12:12 PM

Hey Austin-
Thanks what was your last issue where the fuse was blown? What what your car doing? Anything similar to mine? Thanks!!
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction - 02/03/06 01:01 PM

Rough starts. Didn't want to run when cold. Idle would surge up and down, but once warmed up it was a bit better. I still had to burp the throttle when taking off or it would almost die.