Check out the possible new GP!

Posted by: Kev-GTP

Check out the possible new GP! - 04/08/07 02:00 PM

Hey so yeah it turns out my car is totalled. The insurance company has yet to write a check for my car but it should go down sometime this week.

At the caddy dealership my dad works at, some guy traded this GP for a CTS-V (sweet car) and my dad found it. I think it def has some potential but yet it needs a little work as well. Here are some pics. Oh and yes I will take off the stickers on the side and obviously the stickers on the back of it.

Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/08/07 02:02 PM

sweet! i love pace cars! and i really really want that spoiler. Did you get the rims off of the black one?

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/08/07 02:04 PM

I'm not sure yet. I'm hoping that the insurance company will just pay me for them, so I can get some other ones. But we will just see how it goes...
Posted by: Igor

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/08/07 04:09 PM

Ah man. Sorry to hear about your loss. But that one w/o the odd stickers on the back will be sexy!
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/08/07 04:31 PM

Yeah man... 2 door looks good too. Hopefully you can figure out what to do with the wheels as well.

Did the insurance company ever actually determine proper fault of the accident?

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/08/07 05:18 PM

Well sort of. Its really just a big mess.

The other dude had a witness, but she actually ended up saying that I had a yellow light going through the intersection. So my insurance company denied his claim. So when his insurance company tried to get in touch with the witness, she had forgotten what happened. Then, my insurance company has to tell his insurance company what she said. So they are in the process of doing that and it should be said and done sometime this week.

But yeah both insurance companies said it was totalled which is crap cause its not, but oh well, like I said, we will just see how it goes.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/08/07 06:40 PM

Looks good.
How bad exactly is the front right?
Paint scuff on the bottom and the right fender appears to be crinkled a bit.
Aside from that, and the stickers, it doesn't look too bad.
Needs wheels.
Posted by: xXAbercrombie05

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/08/07 07:33 PM

ive never liked those rims...i dont know why, they just make me shiver.....but overall, thats a sick car dude. congrats on the find, tell ur dad to hook me up :p
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 02:35 AM

what are you doing with your old rims???
i think they were BA they looked really good
Posted by: mrcooms

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 08:31 AM

I think I might leave the stickers on the side if it were me. I would have to see it with some nice wheels though. smile
Posted by: UMfan

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrcooms:
I think I might leave the stickers on the side if it were me. I would have to see it with some nice wheels though. smile
I agree. You gotta keep the Pace car stickers. What's the fun in owning a "rare" Daytona 500 if you are going to make it look stock?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
Holy crap, number one of 200?

Don't take that so litterally. The 00 pace cars weren't numbered like the 98s. On the 00s they all say one of 2000.

Only the 98s were actually numbered and there is even fewer of those wink Only 1500 pace cars for 98.

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Quote:
[b] I think I might leave the stickers on the side if it were me. I would have to see it with some nice wheels though. smile
I agree. You gotta keep the Pace car stickers. What's the fun in owning a "rare" Daytona 500 if you are going to make it look stock? [/b]
eeeewwwww... no way. lose the stickers!

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
[b]
Quote:
[b] I think I might leave the stickers on the side if it were me. I would have to see it with some nice wheels though. smile
I agree. You gotta keep the Pace car stickers. What's the fun in owning a "rare" Daytona 500 if you are going to make it look stock? [/b]
eeeewwwww... no way. lose the stickers! [/b]
Yeah I agree, I think I would take the stickers off as well. Even though I might have to get some "Daytona 500" stickers made for the side rear windows if I get it.

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 04:25 PM

i would keep the ones that are in front of the rear wheel. but not the fugly other ones
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 06:12 PM

keep the stickers. true: your car, your say, but imho, keep em.

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 07:19 PM

Lose the bumper stickers.
Posted by: UMfan

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 07:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HercMan:
Lose the bumper stickers. [/QUOTE

I think we are all in agreement about that. wink
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/09/07 10:34 PM

Nice, love the 2door gps. Lose the back bumper stickers and your old gp was not that bad, i can't understand why the insurance company said it was totaled.

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/10/07 08:05 AM

You guys have to remember the GP has a very low resale value. So when damages exceed a certain % of resale value the insurance company will total it out. KBB says my car in great shape and 95k on the clock is only worth about $4500 through a private sale so...

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/10/07 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
You guys have to remember the GP has a very low resale value. So when damages exceed a certain % of resale value the insurance company will total it out. KBB says my car in great shape and 95k on the clock is only worth about $4500 through a private sale so...
KBB put private party value of my car at $8.5k...It's different in different areas. But also my car has 75k miles on it. So I guess down here where GPs are more rare, the resale value isn't that bad.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 04/10/07 05:27 PM

Yeah, I guess if your's was an '01 with 75k... that's not bad at all... If I was buying it I'd probably try and talk it down a bit but $8,500 seems like it would be a fair resale price.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 08/21/07 02:56 PM

Hey let me know if u find some sick rims that look good on this car

Re: Check out the possible new GP! - 08/21/07 03:51 PM

05 mustang bullits.