New Exhaust - Video now~

Posted by: Arcxnus

New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/09/07 06:26 PM

Well, new for this car. I've been around the exhaust loop on a GP already, though I did it a little different this time. It's Flowmaster Super 40s, still have the res and will be keeping it, FastToys dual/dual tips.

http://www.deusaionline.com/malyrush/exhaust/

Sound clips later when I can put my car back in the driveway ..
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/09/07 06:39 PM

Looks good
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/09/07 06:44 PM

i like the dual slash tips.

How is the sound?
Posted by: theone2043

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/09/07 06:45 PM

nice looks where u get them at? cant wait for the sound clip...
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/09/07 06:47 PM

Very nice, I've been looking to do this to my car. I already picked out my Flowmaster 40's and I think you just helped me with my tips. Once again looking good.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/10/07 01:32 AM

Yeah, those tips are very nice. I wanted some like that, but when my exhaust guy tried to order them in, all his suppliers were out of stock.
Posted by: Kev-GTP

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/10/07 02:35 AM

You have very good taste. laugh They look sweeeeet.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/10/07 11:16 AM

Arc, lovin those tips.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/10/07 04:41 PM

get her lookin sharp there Arcx thumbsup thumbsup ...two big thumbs up...I've got a pair of GXP style twin tips but I'm on the fence about putting them on (indecision sux)...I just hate to spend another dime on my exhaust...I like the side shot...just enough to be seen without sticking out too far.
whats next on the mod list?
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/10/07 05:04 PM

Looks good! I'm getting my exhaust done in a few weeks, cant wait now!!

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/10/07 05:26 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. Those have been sitting in a box for a month or more ..

Meh .. I'm gonna wait on clips, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with my new neighbors by firing up the beast and letting her rip. I'll do that at work tomorrow.

I can offer something of a comparison though. I had a res delete and FM40s with 4" single outlet Hooker tips on my old GT. It was a little raspier than this, and a noticeable amount quieter. The guys at the shop took out a Super 40 and a regular 40 to show me the difference; the S40 is quite a bit bigger and heavier and painted black. Different. All the FM series I've seen have been pretty much the same size and left unpainted.

My old car was a little on the ricey-sounding side of the V6 spectrum, it had a slight ringing sound when you got on it good, but this. Holy crap. They started it to get it off the lift and it didn't even sound like a six. You can hear what little lope the stock engine has easily, and the sound stays consistent through the RPM range as far as I could tell when I drove it with the windows rolled down.

Doesn't really get that ricey tone at higher RPMs like GPs are known for doing. I considered getting the res cut out, but I'm glad I didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if someone asks me if my car is a V8 now, the sound really rides that ambiguous line.

And I'm done filling your ears with blab. I'll get video tomorrow to show my point. It probably won't be quality enough to be good proof, that can only be heard in person.

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/10/07 06:34 PM

Well I'm glad you're happy with it! I can't get a good exhaust tone to save my life.
Posted by: framos242

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with my new neighbors by firing up the beast and letting her rip.

It was a little raspier than this, and a noticeable amount quieter. The guys at the shop took out a Super 40 and a regular 40 to show me the difference; the S40 is quite a bit bigger and heavier and painted black. Different.

You can hear what little lope the stock engine has easily, and the sound stays consistent through the RPM range as far as I could tell when I drove it with the windows rolled down.

Doesn't really get that ricey tone at higher RPMs like GPs are known for doing. I considered getting the res cut out, but I'm glad I didn't.

that can only be heard in person.
I'm glad that you like the Super 40s Arc.

Let your neighbors get used to the Super 40s. Mine did and especially in the morning when I turn on the GP when it's nice and quiet. laugh One of my friends who happens to live across the street is a GP owner and is on a few of the boards came running over to hear the exhaust the day I got it done.

Yup. The Super 40s are noticeably heavier and painted that way.

Yes, you hear more of the engine. Turn on your GP and get behind her and listen to it. Just listen. I still til this day and I've had the exhaust for 2 years.

You can hear a big change in pitch. I remember when the GP was first fired up the exhaust guy was "Wow!".

Get the resonator cut out and you'll hear more roar. devilgrin
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 12:10 PM

Whoohoo! Congrats and I can't wait to hear it soon... Maybe it'll help me on my muff choice, although I need to save some money...

Tires and alignment just ate up a ton of my bank account. And I still have to fix the a/c... =\

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 07:04 PM

As promised.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/arcgp/?action=view¤t=MOV01392.flv

I would have revved it more, but holy crap this thing is loud. I'm used to having a vocal car, but this thing hurts my ears. I couldn't bring myself to make friends with the State Trooper four houses down.

Also, the rev sounds like crap on video; it doesn't sound as ringy as it turned out. In-park revs can't compare to when you're hammering it on the road anyway.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 07:10 PM

NICE!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 07:34 PM

I like those tips on your ride! Sounds almost the same as mine at idle. I like your rims by the way!!
Posted by: *Nice-Try*

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 09:33 PM

Thx for the audio track sounds good.
Am curious to hear that type of a system underload (brake torque) Systems sound so different with and without load.
Nice set-up really like the tips! smile
Posted by: northtnguy

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 09:50 PM

Sounds good, Arcx!
Don
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 10:23 PM

sounds good, man i love a good sounding engine
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 10:30 PM

I wish the video were clearer. thats about the sound I would love to have on my GT.

Out of curiosity (yeah, thread jack), that whine is or is not the s/c? After installing the GatorBack belt on my GT, Ive noticed a whine very similar to that. Is that indicative of a problem on the top end or is it just the belt?

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/11/07 11:42 PM

Sounds pretty quiet to me (if you heard my exhaust clip you know what I mean!)... devilgrin

Sounds great, glad you're happy with it.
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/12/07 08:46 AM

Sounds nice...
Posted by: DevDog

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/12/07 11:03 PM

Very nice!
Posted by: framos242

Re: New Exhaust - Video now~ - 06/14/07 02:50 PM

I would take off the res. devilgrin