how do i know there bad

Posted by: white on white gtp

how do i know there bad - 07/01/05 12:13 AM

well i know my struts are shot...loud knock yada yada, but how do i know if the shocks need to be done too, i would really rather not replace them.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: how do i know there bad - 07/01/05 12:18 AM

You don't have shocks.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: how do i know there bad - 07/01/05 07:08 AM

The struts are the shocks. smile
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: how do i know there bad - 07/01/05 04:21 PM

Easy enough.
Posted by: GillysGTPSS

Re: how do i know there bad - 07/04/05 09:15 PM

One more question on struts. When the car has a lot of travel up and down, say when you hit a bridge joint on the highway, does that mean my struts are on the way out?

Re: how do i know there bad - 07/04/05 09:31 PM

Yes.

Struts generally only last about 30k miles on good roads if the roads are rough they have shorter life spans. The thing with struts is it's a gradual degrade so you slowly get use to the worn out struts and don't even notice that they are shot.
Posted by: white on white gtp

Re: how do i know there bad - 07/15/05 01:14 PM

eer how about, how do i know if my springs are bad...i realize i typed the wrong thing, but i dont believe no one knew what i was talkin about...

Re: how do i know there bad - 07/15/05 01:44 PM

If your car is sitting at a wierd or funky angle then your springs are worn. Usually most noticed are the rear springs when the rear end tends to sag. Springs generally last a very long time. Unless you put extra weight on them like big sub woofers and amps in the rear. Or hauling all kinds of extra weight all the time.