PCM

Posted by: GTPCompG

PCM - 12/01/07 12:22 PM

Will getting a new PCM help with HP? I'm wondering this cause I'm thkin once again about getting one and i'm sure it would compliment my CAI well. Just wondering if it really helps performance wise.
Posted by: ChiTownHitta90

Re: PCM - 12/01/07 03:29 PM

well usaully you get a new pcm if you have other mods were your starting to get into more seriouse upgrades. i dont know the exact answer to your question but if i were to take a guess i would say probably a little. i mean your basically getting a better tune which will help. im sure others will chime in.

in my opion its not worth it for you right now becuase remeber, i believe you have to upgrade tot he highest octane fuel wich is always more money!!
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: PCM - 12/01/07 03:35 PM

I guess the speed limiter remover would be awsome and having the rev limiter off is even cooler.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: PCM - 12/01/07 03:37 PM

It's worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only mods Im running are my open cone intake and ZZP PCM.

Im enjoying the snot out of it too.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: PCM - 12/01/07 09:19 PM

Herc, when did you get a PCM, was it recently?
Posted by: spillway47

Re: PCM - 12/01/07 10:25 PM

I have a CAI and a new dp with u-bend deleted, but my next money is going into struts, brakes, and strut tower braces, because I live in the mountains where there's lots of twisty roads.

Been looking at the Monroe struts, but everyone that uses KYBs swear by them.

I'm still on the fence about a new PCM. I'd hate to spend the money, only to find out I'm not getting more hp unless I wind it up to 5700 rpm. What I want is more grunt between 3000 and 5000.

Chico said it best: Modding is addictive, and it's expensive.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: PCM - 12/01/07 11:12 PM

Yah I had to PM Herc because a while back he said something about the woman letting him get a PCM, but we never heard back from him. So I sent him a message to find out if he got it.

GrandPrixGTAlpine: You have an exhaust work, maybe get the ubend delete. For the PCM, there is a list that provides what the changes are to the PCM. In reality, it will make it funner to drive!
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: PCM - 12/02/07 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spillway47:

I'm still on the fence about a new PCM.
What I want is more grunt between 3000 and 5000.
Give in, buy it. You won't be sorry. devilsmile
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: PCM - 12/02/07 05:17 AM

Back in the spring time iirc. I bought it from a member on here. Along with a TB spacer that's still sitting in my tool box.