Intake

Posted by: new984me

Intake - 08/01/07 12:22 AM

Anyone have the stock intake system? I am looking for the complete box. I do not like the sound of the open filter! I have the silver tube with the 9" K&N, Would love to go back to stock. Call me crazy my wife does everyday.
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: Intake - 08/01/07 12:24 AM

simple fix ear plugs wink jk i just sold mine sorry

Re: Intake - 08/01/07 12:35 AM

Not Cool, LOL The old saying goes if its too LOUD your too OLD!! Dang I thought I would be 20 for ever!! My luck always a day late and a dollar short.

D
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Intake - 08/01/07 04:48 AM

Sorry to here your not happy. Have you tried to build a box for your cone? That will quiet it down somewhat maybe to a level you'd be happy with.

If that's out of the question I'd contact Ed for a stock airbox.
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: Intake - 08/01/07 07:24 AM

r u gonna sell your K&N?
Posted by: D Bold

Re: Intake - 08/01/07 08:08 AM

hey i have the complete stock set up...PM Me
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Intake - 08/01/07 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by new984me:
Anyone have the stock intake system? I am looking for the complete box. I do not like the sound of the open filter! I have the silver tube with the 9" K&N, Would love to go back to stock. Call me crazy my wife does everyday.
I like Hercman's idea of building a box.
Also, you can disable your EGR to quiet it down when the engine isn't fully warmed up... I assume thats where your noise problem is mainly.
Posted by: crimpton

Re: Intake - 08/01/07 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
Quote:
Originally posted by new984me:
[b] Anyone have the stock intake system? I am looking for the complete box. I do not like the sound of the open filter! I have the silver tube with the 9" K&N, Would love to go back to stock. Call me crazy my wife does everyday.
I like Hercman's idea of building a box.
Also, you can disable your EGR to quiet it down when the engine isn't fully warmed up... I assume thats where your noise problem is mainly. [/b]
From personal experience, the box doesn't really tone it down much..... MAYBE an insulated box would reduce the underhood noise, but you're still wide open to the fender well with a box. If you're in the Phoenix area, try going to www.AZClubGP.com and look up "PDXGTP" He lives in Chandler and may be able to help you out... Great guy, very good friend of mine.

The IAC (not the EGR) is actually what you're hearing during warm up... No way to stop that.
Posted by: jason1289

Re: Intake - 08/01/07 11:18 PM

what are you planning on doing with the old intake? what do you want for it?
Posted by: BLEWGTP

Re: Intake - 08/02/07 06:17 AM

i hate that noise too...made me take off my intake also...sounds like the car is going to explode
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Intake - 08/02/07 05:21 PM

Once you get some exhaust work, the noise is gone!!! Or just tell her the "blow dryer" is too loud.

Re: Intake - 08/02/07 09:26 PM

Does any one else think buy opening the exhaust it will quite down the intake, Intersting thought. I will consider it.
D
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: Intake - 08/02/07 09:37 PM

It doesn't. They just meant that the noise from the exhaust might drown out the intake.