need quick answer ASAP

Posted by: mybad70

need quick answer ASAP - 06/01/07 06:58 PM

sorry for the rush guys.
ive got a bad front pass. side wheel bearing. was going to buy it this afternoon and replace it tonight. But, apparently my boss had better things to do today than cut my commission check.
the question is....is it safe to drive this thing? it sounds bad, but its been doing this since i got it. just wanna make sure its not gonna come apart and lose a wheel goin down the road. that would completely suck.

thanks.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: need quick answer ASAP - 06/01/07 07:02 PM

the sooner the better ... i wouldnt drive on it too long if i were you
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: need quick answer ASAP - 06/01/07 07:05 PM

It's possible, soo don't put it off long!
Posted by: D

Re: need quick answer ASAP - 06/01/07 07:07 PM

OK from what I've heard it won't fall off, but thats what I heard. IF you ahve been driving like this from a whiel now then it should be fine. just be safe with it and don't do 100mhp stay within the limits.
Posted by: mybad70

Re: need quick answer ASAP - 06/01/07 07:09 PM

thanks guys.

im fighting this local tire company right now also.
i had a tire replaced wednesday and my "check tire pressure" light has been on ever since. they say its nothing they done. i checked the pressure in all 4 tires, right where it should be. gonna reset the pcm in the morning and see if it kills the light. if not, im gonna make their life hell.
Posted by: D

Re: need quick answer ASAP - 06/01/07 07:39 PM

If you whell hub is shot then the Check tire pressure senor is gone too. All the senors are in the wheel hub that could be why the light is on. Jus to make sure check the tire pressure and reset the light W/ the button under the sterring colum. na dit if goes on again then its the senor.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: need quick answer ASAP - 06/02/07 07:32 AM

If they damaged the sensor the ABS and traction control lights would be on.

Has anyone tried to reset the light? Or are people under the impression it will turn it's self off? Cause it won't. Iirc there is a funky procedure to reset the low tire pressure light. Not all shops know how to reset it.

No need to reset the PCM.