moisture

Posted by: pedal down

moisture - 04/21/07 11:38 PM

how do i get the moisture out? i want to dry it so i can seal it up better so it doesn't happen anymore. would i throw it in the oven to loosen up the glue and wipe it off that way? i was planing on sealing around it if i don't have to bake it.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: moisture - 04/22/07 12:05 AM

get the moisture out of tail lights? or headlight housings?

Re: moisture - 04/22/07 04:29 PM

headlights. could i put a vac on he back of it and suck it out lol. i was thinkin maybe wrapping a cloth on the end of a pen and trying to wipe it.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: moisture - 04/22/07 04:46 PM

All I do is remove the lights, point the lens towards the sun and just let em dry like that. Of course, it seems to only work when temps are above 75 and RH is 40% and below (not a problem here in the desert, not sure about your area).
Posted by: Kev-GTP

Re: moisture - 04/22/07 05:48 PM

When my bro got moisture in his headlights, he took them out and let them sit in front of a fan overnight. The opening of the headlight is obviously pointing towards the fan. Worked like a charm. As far as sealing it afterwards, can't help ya there.

Re: moisture - 04/22/07 08:35 PM

i think ill try the fan trick, i figure ill throw some sealent around the seam where the housing meets the clear plastic.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: moisture - 04/22/07 08:43 PM

sorry to jack but it might relate to this thread....... how would you clean out the hazing inside the light or how could you clean the hazing on the outside of the light without buying new lights

Re: moisture - 04/22/07 10:34 PM

wet sand with 2000 grit paper. i did that to my old ones and it worked but the inside was deteriorated.

so i bought used clean ones that have this moisture problem.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: moisture - 04/22/07 11:08 PM

buy new ones. I bought some cheap ones, and moisture/rain is an issue. One of these days, I'm gonna stop bein so durn lazy and put clear RTV along the seams.

Re: moisture - 04/23/07 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
buy new ones. I bought some cheap ones, and moisture/rain is an issue. One of these days, I'm gonna stop bein so durn lazy and put clear RTV along the seams.
thats what im gonna do.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: moisture - 04/24/07 02:19 PM

I wasn't so sure of aftermarket lights so I bought some mint condition used ones for a great price, and then went around all the seams with silicone sealant.

Re: moisture - 04/24/07 02:22 PM

they held up well zuul?
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: moisture - 04/24/07 02:35 PM

Dunno I just installed them on Sunday. I'll let everyone know in a year laugh
I'll probably put my old ones back in for the winter, though.