blower motor

Posted by: 4drgt

blower motor - 05/22/07 06:57 PM

is there a way that you can oil the blower motor ... myn works but when you turn it on it makes a nasty screaching noise or do i have to replace the blower motor itself .. thanks for the help
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: blower motor - 05/22/07 07:02 PM

Think Herc has some write up about that. Check out a search. Found it:

Sqeaker
Posted by: Baas140

Re: blower motor - 05/22/07 09:16 PM

later on in the post he goes on to say how the squeal came back so it was only a temp fix... idk maybe youll get better results... good luck though
Posted by: 2muchspl

Re: blower motor - 05/22/07 09:53 PM

you might end up having replace it like i did mine. when I took it down there were metal shaving's on the carpetno , only 3 screws holds it up so its easy to do. I scored 1 off ebay from a guy who didnt need his brand new he purchased
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: blower motor - 05/23/07 12:39 AM

I got mine on eBay for $18 shipped. Check for seller 'billsmithautoparts' and see if he has any. 30-45 minute job to change out.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: blower motor - 05/23/07 10:34 AM

just as a bit of advice, yoku might wanna look inside the blower motor before buying anyhting. If you never had a cabin air filter, then vegetation can fall down there and start making the scream, like mine. Or the thing may very well be going out. Wouldnt you rather save the money for something else if all it is is dead leaves and pine needles?