Shorter Dog Bones?

Posted by: GTPCompG

Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 05:43 PM

I have the ZZP Poly mounts on my GT and am wondering if my car would benefit from shorter dog bones?

Also I've been having tons of vibrations that almost dont seem right from the poly mount install.
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 05:47 PM

poly mounts will give you vibrations because they are stiffer.

You won't notice any real gains but you will put more stress on your rad supports and CV shafts.

You could spend your money better on other things.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 05:48 PM

Only time I'd recommend shorter dog bones is if your lowered.

Poly bushing will transmit more vibrations through the car. It's the price to pay for improved handling. That's why OEM is normally rubber or in the case of motor mounts hydraulic. So the vibrations will be dampened or absorbed.

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 05:55 PM

I compared my vibrations to those in Jorgs vehicle and mine are night and day diffrence. The vibration in my car is just crazy compared to this. He gets like nothing and I get vibrations that shake everything in my car.

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:00 PM

well shorter dogbones aren't going to fix that.
Posted by: The Guz

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:20 PM

I have read that the intense one's are a little more forgiving. But as stated shorter dog bones will not fix the issue you are experiencing. Put the stock one's back in and see if the vibrations go away.

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Guz:
I have read that the intense one's are a little more forgiving. But as stated shorter dog bones will not fix the issue you are experiencing. Put the stock one's back in and see if the vibrations go away.
Easier said than done, you pretty much have to cut the stock mounts out and even if you did manage to get them out in 1 piece you'd need a RBFH or a press to put the stock ones back in.
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
Quote:
Originally posted by The Guz:
[b] I have read that the intense one's are a little more forgiving. But as stated shorter dog bones will not fix the issue you are experiencing. Put the stock one's back in and see if the vibrations go away.
Easier said than done, you pretty much have to cut the stock mounts out and even if you did manage to get them out in 1 piece you'd need a RBFH or a press to put the stock ones back in. [/b]
Getting out old rubber mounts = suck

funny we used like stabbing tool lol

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:27 PM

Stock ones are ruined, so that ideas out the door. The vibrations are withstand able but i dont really like them that much. Overall was just wondering if theres something i can do to stop the vibrations or atleast stop them a little.

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:29 PM

I kinda like that feel in your car, it feels like your really with the car, real firm.

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
Stock ones are ruined, so that ideas out the door. The vibrations are withstand able but i dont really like them that much. Overall was just wondering if theres something i can do to stop the vibrations or atleast stop them a little.
and you are still using a stock cam...

my whole front end shakes when driving on certain roads because it's very rigid.

We can trade mounts if you want, I have flipped stock mounts so it's sorta in between stock and what you have now wink

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:31 PM

stock = not cool

poly mounts = FTW

BTW hutch my BADDD D-R issue is done with these puppies in.

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:33 PM

^ Lol nice thread jack. Has any other GT gone with zzp poly mounts and noticed crazy vibrations? or am i the first test subject?

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:34 PM

I love my flipped stock mounts.

Good to hear Elliot. You know that if you want to go into neutral from drive you can just hit the shifter forward, you don't actually have to squeeze the shift knob. By not squeezing that it won't let you go into reverse.

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 06:36 PM

Quote:
I love my flipped stock mounts.

Good to hear Elliot. You know that if you want to go into neutral from drive you can just hit the shifter forward, you don't actually have to squeeze the shift knob. By not squeezing that it won't let you go into reverse.
i hate you lol

but my fault on the jack. end

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jorgs_7:
Quote:
[b] I love my flipped stock mounts.

i hate you lol

but my fault on the jack. end [/b]
Lol its fine jorgs, just wondering why my vibrations are so bad...
Posted by: Cerberus

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 08:24 PM

I don't have alot of vibration in my car. Depends what you call alot of vibration. You can definitely feel the vibration through your steering wheel and seat but it's nothing major, not like my windows buzzing or anything. In a little while you won't even notice it
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 08:31 PM

Quote:
I compared my vibrations to those in Jorgs vehicle and mine are night and day diffrence. The vibration in my car is just crazy compared to this. He gets like nothing and I get vibrations that shake everything in my car.
You have 18's he has 16's.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 08:33 PM

Quote:
Has any other GT gone with zzp poly mounts and noticed crazy vibrations? or am i the first test subject?
GT or GTP isn't going to make any difference, but I had Intense poly mounts, and they didn't make much of a difference at all.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Shorter Dog Bones? - 04/08/09 08:40 PM

If your not lowered poly mounts should'nt be causeing vibration ,your problem may be your lower motor mount and or trans. mount ,check them out.Chico(pops)