What to do

Posted by: GP GT GUY

What to do - 05/21/07 10:13 PM

Alright guys I'm new to this and i really want to get a lot of things done to my car. I know a lot of you guys dislike the appearance upgrades but i like 'em. Anyway im looking to have a body kit put on, a spoiler, some 18's, 2 12's in the trunk that i already have picked out, a new exhaust system, an short ram air intake, that ram air hood, possibly some brembo brakes, possibly some racing seats but i dont know how they would look, some new tailights and some new fogs. I have already put in some blue halogens, but i dont really like them and i want to get the ones that tylermGTP2002LV has on his. I dont know what to do first. I have friends that own a collision center that do work like this on the side so i dont need that many tips on what to do, but just what to do first. Also i had a busted speaker and when i was changing it out, i broke the door from the backseat into the trunk, should i go to a junkyard and pick up that door, or have the dealer do it. I dont need a lot of tranny work cuz we had it rebuilt a couple of years ago. Help will be appreciated. Im trying to keep a white and blue theme, so i got some blue neon already inside under the dash, im gonna get some for the trunk also, maybe i might even get blue racing stripes if i have the money. Thanx guys

Here's the parts im looking at:
http://www.edozone.com/pontiac/97-03_Pontiac_Grand_Prix_body_kits.jpg
http://www.andysautosport.com/images/det...trix_17-534.jpg
http://evolutioneffects.com/images/five1.jpg
http://www.coolights.com/assets/images/categoryvehicles/subcatvehicles/grand-prix.jpg
http://www.andysautosport.com/images/det...s/newweapon.jpg
http://www.bomzracing.com/ProductImages/racingseat/rsbbl.jpg
Posted by: brown

Re: What to do - 05/21/07 10:34 PM

would you like some soy sauce with that rice?

Just kidding. The Cold air intake, save yourself $150 and make your own. The racing seats are a bad idea unless you plan on making this a racing car cuz they're not gonna be comfortable. The wing and body kit arent my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat. The rims look good though. (make sure they're 5x115 or 5x114.3)

Welcome to the site
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: What to do - 05/21/07 10:37 PM

I like the rims.

Re: What to do - 05/21/07 10:38 PM

Hey thanx, ya i know i want a lot done and im sure i wont get everything, im only 16 and i gotta work for all this. I was thinking the same thing about the racing seats, i like my leather ones
Posted by: RooK

Re: What to do - 05/21/07 10:41 PM

The rims are nice...

If you're getting a ram air hood, then get an SLP intake and utilize it.
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: What to do - 05/21/07 10:53 PM

If you're heart set on having an appearance car, skip the ricey car parts and get this:
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GP1021/GPEXT/Grand+Prix+F.1+%27Style%27-New+SD+Appearance+Package.html

This kit will really set your car apart but it'll get some respect instead of your car getting spit on. Along with those rims.. you'll be rollin in style!
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: What to do - 05/21/07 11:00 PM

The body kit looks cool, but the spoiler is WAY to ricey. The rims are cool, though.

Re: What to do - 05/21/07 11:26 PM

ya, i really like the spoiler though, idk, im still deciding, just wondering, i hear people talk about ricers all the time, what actually is a ricer??? im only 16 cut me some slack
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: What to do - 05/21/07 11:32 PM

body kit is kinda ricey same with the spoiler..... you have a gt so your body looks fine... well to me ... if you want a diffrent spoiler get a new one like

http://www.3800performance.com/Merchant2...Product_Count=1

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 12:32 AM

I like that appearance kit but i want something on the skirts and the rear bumper, i really like that hood, but i dont really like the spoiler, i know you guys will probably being hatin on it but w/e, i'll keep a look out, who knows maybe i'll change my mind
Posted by: RooK

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 12:32 AM

Ricer is a derogatory term originally for Japanese motorbikes as 'rice burners.' It has since evolved into a style of accessorizing vehicles. Mostly, all show and no go. It also exhibits flamboyant and useless design, such as overly large parts (spoilers), cheap looking tailights (euros), large and multiple fascia openings, useless vents that are for looks only, and other mods that would be considered tacky or in bad taste.

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 01:01 AM

okay i see what your saying, pretty much i am a total ricer, i want to have some get up and go but i more like just the looks
i will try and have a balance but i appreciate the help
Posted by: xscash2blow

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 01:54 AM

too ricey for me but to each his own.

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 08:14 AM

we should put the def of ricer in the faq
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 11:27 AM

I've posted this before, but here's some ways you can tell if you're a ricer. Enjoy!

You might be a ricer if...

laugh
Posted by: framos242

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 12:29 PM

Love the rims!
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 01:51 PM

welcome to the site.

Sorry man, but youre probably not going to get any love from a lot of guys on here (myself included) when you go with the body kits and huge wings etc. Its not that we are completely performance oriented, because i love a good looking GP, and i wish i had more money to put towards the appearance of my car, but we just arent into ricer stuff.

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 08:48 PM

im not really into making this a total performance car yet, i might get a few basics but im trying to make this a nice looking car. Now when i get my 1970 chevelle that is gonna be my drag baby.
Posted by: Kev-GTP

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
would you like some soy sauce with that rice?
x2...haha
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 10:31 PM

finally got a chance to open those pics. I would like to say, if you like those kits, dont listen to these guys, spend your money on your car however you want. Dont be surprised, though, if you hear ppl singing "...the San Francisco treat..." when you roll by. The rims are REALLY nice. The hood these ppl are suggesting..., eh, your car has no way of making it functional, so I wouldnt. The spoiler: We are NEVER gonna get to the speeds required to make a spoiler functional. But their recommendation does make the car look more American and less, well, Tokyo. As I said, your choice, the GP will make just about ANYTHING look good.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:

Sorry man, but youre probably not going to get any love from a lot of guys on here (myself included) when you go with the body kits and huge wings etc. Its not that we are completely performance oriented, because i love a good looking GP, and i wish i had more money to put towards the appearance of my car, but we just arent into ricer stuff.
Well said.

There's a difference between going overboard, like putting a giant handle on your trunk (which is my defintion of "Rice"), and doing something tasteful, like an SD spoiler.
Posted by: brown

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 11:00 PM

The large rice wings make it much easier for the driver to push the car to the nearest shop. Its almost like pushing a shopping cart.

Re: What to do - 05/22/07 11:41 PM

hahah thats funny x2
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: What to do - 05/23/07 12:43 AM

I agree with Austin and Ordonez, the SD package is tasteful but not overdone like that "ironing board" spoiler.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: What to do - 05/23/07 01:13 AM

welcome aboard dude...I'm sorry to say a lot of people are gonna give you grief over that kind of styling...from both sides of the fence. The Drift crowd rags on FWD cars and the import crowd rags on American cars, but the bottom line is that its your ride and your money, so you do what turns your crank. I'm personally a fan of pedestal spoilers...I tried to get a Trans Am style spoiler for my GP but couldnt make it happen. Keep in mind that if you install a pedestal wing it will involve filling holes in the decklid from the factory unit...add to that the GP trunk lid isnt flat, all these factors are why I buckled under and put the SD spoiler on my ride. It was a true bolt on with minimal cost. Whatever you choose to do, even if everyone doesnt agree with you, the guys here will still help you out with any issues you may have. So dont get discouraged and enjoy your new ride thumbsup you got yourself a great first car.