Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!)

Posted by: GTPCompG

Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/11/08 10:56 PM

My entire time being here at grand prix.net i've never really gotten any good engine pics up onto the site so I just went out and took some pics of my engine just for the heck of it...also getta check out my paint job i did on the engine cover on the 3800 and V6. I took a pic of the exhuast manfiold aswell and that will be going out of my car monday and ill be puttin in new one. Anyhow enjoy the pics and maybe someone can notice if theres nething maybe going to crap or something for me lol.

Posted by: Digitallyphoenix

Re: Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/12/08 12:01 AM

Yes that bolt in the lower left is loose and the headlight fluid looks low! :-P JK... things look fine... but pics are pretty much useless for finding problems.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/12/08 12:10 AM

Your engine bay could use a good cleaning ,when you swap out your ex.mnfld. do'nt bother putting the engine pulling brackets back on but save them,saves a little weight and gives you a little more room when changing plugs and such.Chico(pops)
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/12/08 02:53 AM

back of the engine cover is off, and you need to hide that loose red wire some more wink
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/12/08 10:53 AM

Get some of the black wire loom and cover that red wire wink
Posted by: gteisele

Re: Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/12/08 12:16 PM

x2 kind of haggered....im not gunna lie i have the same ugly red wire just tucked away a little more
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/12/08 12:31 PM

Chico, what do you mean by engine pulling brackets? Are they those dogbones that support the engine, is that what your talkin about?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/12/08 02:41 PM

No on the back side of the motor. Aft of the engine cover.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Pics of my Engine (56K Killer!!!) - 04/12/08 02:52 PM

To further explain Herc/Chico: It's the brackets for lifting the engine out with a hoist. They're attached to the exhaust manifold in the front (driver side) and rear (passenger side) of the engine. If you chuck the engine cover and remove the bracket for it, you gain even more room.