Getting emissions checked today

Posted by: zuulmusic

Getting emissions checked today - 03/08/07 03:04 PM

...and in a couple weeks the cat comes off! devilgrin

full plans to be releaved shortly...
Posted by: 02GTPRD

Re: Getting emissions checked today - 03/08/07 03:24 PM

How often do they check emissions and how do they do it? Don't have that here in Michigan. lol
Posted by: D

Re: Getting emissions checked today - 03/08/07 04:34 PM

They hook a scanner up to the car and mkae sure all the sensors are in the right pirameters and in NY you have to get it done once a year.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Getting emissions checked today - 03/08/07 06:49 PM

The OBDII scanner they use checks the sensors related to emissions on the car.
In Lake County, Ohio, it's done every odd year for odd year cars, and every even year for even year cars... so basically every other year.

SOOOO.... I'm in line at the test center and I remember that my aeroforce scangauge is plugged into the OBDII... so I just pull it out (while the cars on - ive done it before no problems). They hook in their machine and it tells them OBDII system is not ready, so they had to hook up the sniffer to my pipes!... which scared the heck out of me cause my hi-flow cat was setting the "cat ineffeciency" code until i deleted it with the power tuner. Turns out all the numbers came out great... way below maximums.

I'll have to remember to leave my OBDII alone for a while before I take my car next time when I have my hallowed out cat!
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Getting emissions checked today - 03/08/07 11:41 PM

IN virginia the emissions is once every two years.