ZZP down pipe

Posted by: rallen1112

ZZP down pipe - 07/11/06 12:33 AM

Does anyone have the ZZP down pipe, and if so what do you think about it?
Posted by: Chunkee

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/11/06 08:53 AM

I am seriously thinking of getting this too, the extendo one that eliminates the u bend and has the cat/o2 sensor..heck, its only 230 bucks..that is cheaper than getting a replacement cat at some places.
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/11/06 10:34 AM

i love it, also get the offroad pipe ...it'll put a big grin on your face laugh
Posted by: D

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/11/06 09:39 PM

I have it too...its a great pipe, i think,the best bang for your buck...
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/11/06 09:51 PM

I think that you are about to get a bunch of Jimmy C guys voicing their opinions...lol
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/11/06 11:27 PM

<---- JimmyC D/P
Posted by: SteveOGTP

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/14/06 07:13 PM

custom 3 inch down pipe cheap
Posted by: UMfan

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/14/06 10:29 PM

I have a Jimmy C DP.

I would guess they are all about the same, so I wouldn't think you will see/hear/feel anything different between zzp and Jimmy C. It's pretty simple tube bending and welding with a high flow cat. The issues with the whistling and baffles has been fixed for years.

Personally I like either the offroad or the high flow cat models. These bolt up, eliminate the U Bend, and give you a 3" DP at a great price. It's the best value by far.

I would definitely go with a zzp or Jimmy C model that is stainless though. I have one of the last "coated" steel DPs and I wish that I had waited 2 more weeks and gotten a stainless one...but I got a great deal on mine, and it works so that's all that really matters.

You will feel a difference with a DP though.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/15/06 07:24 PM

I also have a custom one. I dont think that there is too much a difference in any of them anymore. There are a bunch of places that make them. Ohio Auto Worx, W-body, Jimmy-C, ZZP. im sure there is more
Posted by: Geoff

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/19/06 03:31 AM

what website can you buy the zzp downpipe from?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/19/06 06:23 AM

http://www.zzperformance.com/
Posted by: Chunkee

Re: ZZP down pipe - 07/19/06 08:34 AM

"After the cat, it flattens out into a section dubbed the infamous "U-Bend," which is a section of pipe crushed into a "U" shape by GM in order to fit a rear O2 sensor. This section has less volume than the same length of 2" pipe, and approaches the volume of a 1.75" pipe with the rear O2 sensor in place! Our bolt-in downpipes eliminate all of the aforementioned problems! Gains of over 15HP have been seen, along with a substantial drop in knock. Most users can drop a pulley size and/or eliminate 5-7 degrees of knock."

For a lousy 213.00 (that includes both front and rear gaskets AND a cat!) you can't go wrong, replaces U-Bend and is a direct bolt in. I will be ordering mine next week.

Here is a good picture of the dreaded U-bend