GP clean up day

Posted by: BlackGTGP

GP clean up day - 04/29/07 07:18 PM

Today the weather was gorgeous out! 75*, sun beating down and a slight breeze. My GP was in dire need of cleaning up. I started out thinking just do a quick wash and vaccum, well as I got working, one thing led to another so I ended up waxing the thing! Now I wanna dry clean the interior :p Here's what I did

-Wash with Meguiars Hyper Wash and Chennille Mitt
-Dry off using microfiber 25x36 towel
-Wax with Turtle Wax Ice.
-Dress Tires with Turtle Wax TireWax

Posted by: brown

Re: GP clean up day - 04/29/07 07:50 PM

looks great. I tried the ICE liquid detailer and I wasnt impressed. I prefer meguiars. You should try using a clay bar. You'll be amazed by the results. Your car looks really, really great though.
Posted by: BlackGTGP

Re: GP clean up day - 04/29/07 08:11 PM

thanks man! I've heard about using clay bars and seen them in action. My problem is I am afraid to pick up some grit in the clay bar and scratch the rest of the paint. I can feel the grit in the paint and I'm sure a claybar will help, I'm not real confident in using one right now. -Mike-
Posted by: lbolta

Re: GP clean up day - 04/29/07 09:12 PM

No doubt, looks Great! thumbsup
Posted by: brown

Re: GP clean up day - 04/29/07 11:59 PM

the kits come with a lubricant so you dont have to worry about scratching the paint. After you clean a small area, you kneed the clay and you're good to clean another part. One block of clay is enough to clean an average car 2-3 times.