The new look

Posted by: quark_man

The new look - 12/16/02 06:32 PM

What do you think of the 2004? I personally do not think that it looks good. Its not "finished" and looks more like a grand am then a grand prix. what do you guys think?
Posted by: crimpton

Re: The new look - 12/16/02 10:23 PM

Hello,

I say, wait for the car to be manufactured.
I've seen posts in the past about when the current model GP was introduced, it was shown as the base SE model. No ground effects like the front and rear fascia, and the front end changed alot from the SE to the GT. I'm sure they are making changes all the time to bring out something that will please.
You never know, it may end up looking a lot like the G-Force. I see that Pontiac is still showcasing the G-Force on thier website...hmmmm
Later now,
Clint
Posted by: Redshift

Re: The new look - 12/17/02 01:37 AM

Here's some pictures of the final production version. Sorry, I don't have anything more or better at the moment, but stay tuned.

Posted by: quark_man

Re: The new look - 12/17/02 10:32 AM

If these pics are the final production then the rear looks exactly like a cheap Grand Am. I am somewhat disapointed with it. I dont mind the side look but the thing is when you blow by someone it just looks not like something special but like any other car with an after marked job.
Posted by: Redshift

Re: The new look - 12/18/02 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quark_man:
If these pics are the final production then the rear looks exactly like a cheap Grand Am. I am somewhat disapointed with it. I dont mind the side look but the thing is when you blow by someone it just looks not like something special but like any other car with an after marked job.
But isn't the important part that you blew by someone? Just kiddin' ya. Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure Pontiac will sell a buttload of these. It looks pretty good in person.
Posted by: vortec4200

Re: The new look - 12/18/02 10:20 AM

Those in the Detroit area should check out the parking lot at the GMU center on Opdyke in Auburn Hills, just north of the truck plant there, on the east side of the street. Not sure what cross road it is, but it's south of M-59 a few miles.

I've seen a few of the new GP's there when I've been there lately.
Posted by: zedtech

Re: The new look - 12/18/02 04:34 PM

I think it looks like an Alero frown The only next gen. version I like is the GP GXP which I hope goes into production sometime soon!
Posted by: JCHoefer

Re: The new look - 12/25/02 01:35 AM

I've already got a Black '04 GTP Competition Group (WS6) on order. Should be here in March.

Silver is the worst color they could have picked to demo the car. It looks MUC, MUCH better in other colors.
Posted by: crimpton

Re: The new look - 12/25/02 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JCHoefer:
Silver is the worst color they could have picked to demo the car. It looks MUC, MUCH better in other colors.
I agree....the Black car above looks wayyyy cooler than the silver models.
Later now,
Clint....('00 Black GTP)

BTW.....Did anyone notice the DRL's on the Black one.....I like it.
Posted by: 01GTP LE

Re: The new look - 01/01/03 01:15 PM

hahahaha I know! Silver does not suit this new model. Its fine on the last gen but not his gen.

TRI-COAT BLACK GXP ANYONE?