04 Comp G Chrome rims rubbing inside tire

Posted by: sweetjustice

04 Comp G Chrome rims rubbing inside tire - 02/24/06 12:25 PM

While having tires replaced the tech told me I should eventually replace my rims. He said sometimes the beading from the chrome on the inside rubs against the rubber and he had to grind alittle down to keep it from touching. The dealership they would have done the same thing. Has anyone else heard this? Do I have to remove all of my tires and grind down the beading to keep from replacing tires as often? You'd think the dealer would cover this. What a pain.

Thanks, Mandi banghead
Posted by: framos242

Re: 04 Comp G Chrome rims rubbing inside tire - 02/26/06 10:36 PM

Are you're rims stock or aftermarket?

Re: 04 Comp G Chrome rims rubbing inside tire - 02/27/06 01:26 PM

They're stock. They came with the Comp G package.
That's whats a pain, they cost extra.

Re: 04 Comp G Chrome rims rubbing inside tire - 02/27/06 04:03 PM

I haven't heard from other members about this.

Would a stealership try to get more money out of you??? :rolleyes:
Posted by: ILikeMyGP

Re: 04 Comp G Chrome rims rubbing inside tire - 02/28/06 11:00 PM

if they are stock there is no reason they should rub, i'd first take it to get a second opinion. then if they say teh same then talk to the dearship about getting new ones, because it should be a manufacturers mistake. but make sure you talk to them nicely about it, they will be more open to listen that way

Re: 04 Comp G Chrome rims rubbing inside tire - 03/02/06 05:57 PM

You'd think being stock rims other people would have the same problem. Just my luck. We sublet work (waterleaks and wind noise repair) thought three Pontiac Dealerships here in Ohio, so I'm sure they'd work with me.(Hopefully) Thanks for the input.

Re: 04 Comp G Chrome rims rubbing inside tire - 03/03/06 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ILikeMyGP:
then if they say teh same then talk to the dearship about getting new ones, because it should be a manufacturers mistake.
If there's any damage, see if they'll fix it as well.