Wind noise

Posted by: davemac

Wind noise - 04/28/03 04:50 PM

Anybody hear the wind rushing past the windows once your 04 is above a certain speed? I have a noise in the left rear window area above 45 MPH. The dealer replaced the gaskets on ALL FOUR door frames per factory recommendation but that just made it worse; the noise used to start over 50 MPH.
Posted by: Fluid

Re: Wind noise - 04/28/03 07:47 PM

I've not noticed appreciable wind noise even at 80 mph in my '04 - in fact I was commenting to my wife how quiet it was. Tire noise is the biggest factor at a steady cruise speed.

Perhaps your window seals leak, or the door is warped. I had a '97 Bonnie which had a warped window frame that caused wind noise - I rolled the window down and carefully "bent" the frame back closer to the body and 'fixed' the noise. smile
Posted by: Lorenzo Lopez

Re: Wind noise - 04/28/03 08:21 PM

I have not had that problem at all, either... probably what Fluid mentioned.... frown sorry man
Posted by: davemac

Re: Wind noise - 04/29/03 12:00 PM

OK, evidently it's not a generic problem, although the dealer claims that various cars have arrived with different rubber stripping configurations and varying degrees of the same problem.
Posted by: Lorenzo Lopez

Re: Wind noise - 04/29/03 04:58 PM

Well that sucks, you'd think at least the seals on the car would be the same... oh well, as long as the engines are the same I could care less wink