The big IF

Posted by: zachd

The big IF - 11/17/04 08:45 PM

If I was gonna get a 04 GTP this is how I would mod it in order.

Cold Air Intake.
Complete exhaust headers included.
Rockers 1.9 Intense.
PCM with programming for the rockers.
Intercooler from intense w/spacers and injectors.
SLP MAF w/ adapter and supportive programming in PCM.
Colder plugs and Modular pulley system.

Really the last three would be done mostly together. But with a 3.4 Intense Dyno shows about 280 horse. Just on the virge of blowing the tranny. And with the smaller pulleys you probably would.

Purpose of post = Nothing.
Posted by: Tombomb85

Re: The big IF - 11/19/04 04:06 PM

If you're going to spend that much on a GP, why not just get the GXP or a GTO?

Re: The big IF - 11/19/04 09:04 PM

Because then its not a Grand Prix.
Posted by: Tombomb85

Re: The big IF - 11/20/04 04:48 PM

GXP is
Posted by: Jizz

Re: The big IF - 11/22/04 02:38 PM

I would wait for the GXP also... I know there is a blower kit for the 5.3 trucks right now, so only a matter of time for the kit to be on a GP GXP. But the question is still - will the tranny hold?!?!?!

Re: The big IF - 11/23/04 03:57 PM

The tranny will not hold. There is a blower kit for the 5.3 imagine it wouldnt take much for it to work on the ls4 but by by tranny and hello intense.

Re: The big IF - 11/23/04 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tombomb85:
GXP is
Yeah but that is not until next year and (homer simpson voice) supercharger..........

Re: The big IF - 11/26/04 09:14 AM

Next year but early...I thought like March-May, that is not too far off.

Re: The big IF - 11/26/04 09:18 AM

Ok, I read the article again...it says production will start the first quarter of 2005. But still not too far off.

I think it is great that you can get a V8 in these cars again! The day everyone switch over to V6 was a sad day form me....I understand why...but still sad. Now they are coming back!!!

Only a matter of time before Chevy/Buick jump on the bandwagon.
Posted by: damojo2003

Re: The big IF - 12/03/04 08:04 AM

I would add in a scanner. Maybe even a programmer/ scanner instead of the PCM.
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: The big IF - 12/04/04 10:50 AM

Wait for the GXP. No reason not to.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: The big IF - 12/05/04 08:28 PM

What in 06 or 07 It'll have a new tranny a 6 speed auto I think. I think the early GXPs will have the same tranny backing the caddi Northstars.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: The big IF - 12/06/04 04:37 PM

I was wrong GXPs will have the same 4t65ehd we have now frown But the six speed is in the future.

Re: The big IF - 12/07/04 12:40 PM

Yeah caddy gets all the cool stuff first.

Re: The big IF - 12/07/04 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jizz:
Yeah caddy gets all the cool stuff first.
Yeah but pontiac usually gets it second so.....
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: The big IF - 12/19/04 05:32 PM

Go 2005 Mustang
*Runs away*

Seriously,I would rather get the GXP than mod a GTP. Even though I don't love the style, I'd rather save even more money and buy a GTO. They're cheaper than the GXP.

Re: The big IF - 12/20/04 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:
Go 2005 Mustang
*Runs away*

Seriously,I would rather get the GXP than mod a GTP. Even though I don't love the style, I'd rather save even more money and buy a GTO. They're cheaper than the GXP.
Where did you find GXP pricing. Its replacing the GTP and if you subtract the cost of supercharger there is the v8. I bet the gto cost more. THe GXP will probably still have rebates for a lil while. Remember the GXP bonne that came out with 5K in rebates.

Re: The big IF - 12/22/04 12:04 PM

This whole rebate thing is starting to annoy me. I understand why they are doing it but it is just getting out of control.

Instead of charging 40K for the Bonny GXP and then rebate it 5K - Just sell it for 35K!!!!!
Posted by: why2kmax

Re: The big IF - 12/31/04 12:16 PM

If you hurry, you can get an 04 GTO for prob less than an 05 GTP. Unless you need the extra bit of room and extra doors....

Then Id wait for the GXP
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: The big IF - 01/05/05 02:24 AM

Yea, the Bonny GXP was selling sticker at 40k and GTO was stickered at 33k. I saw this at every pontiac dealer that had GTOs.

Re: The big IF - 01/10/05 11:46 PM

My dealer has a 04 yellow M6 for 23k brand new and factory rims have been chromed. Its sharp but no room for me........If the GP was paid off i would by the gto for another car but have to have roadtripability