Yet another Review...

Posted by: Fluid

Yet another Review... - 03/19/03 02:59 PM

Not a lot of meat in this one, but it is another opinion....and a positive one.

http://www.autorevista.com/articles/03grandprix.htm

This comment was particularly interesting to me:

"My tester was a GTP model with Competition Group options. This vehicle is capable of a very hard workout on the open road. But in spite of its tight handling ability, the ride was very comfortable. I didn't feel jarred or bounced around even when riding over rough roads. And on a smooth highway, the ride was exceptional."
Posted by: Cliff Cherry

Re: Yet another Review... - 03/19/03 10:42 PM

"Pothole, schmothole" says the 04 GTP WS6 as it glides passengers and cargo over AK & NJ's worst craters with pillow softness & .83G's laugh

We can hope, can't we?

So Fluid, what's the ET for your hopes and conjectures to transform into cold steel, aluminum, rubber, plastic, leather, TAPshifts etc?

Re: Yet another Review... - 03/20/03 06:44 PM

Don't know! frown It's currently sitting in a Canadian storage yard awaiting shipment...... confused

Re: Yet another Review... - 03/20/03 07:15 PM

Boy, they really drag things out up there! Any idea why the delay in shipping?

Re: Yet another Review... - 03/20/03 07:51 PM

No, but it is typical. The last DC product I ordered took four months from order to delivery....one of the perks of living on the Last Frontier. wink

BTW, here is another review that's been around awhile, but it has more to say about the 2004 GP:

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/37390.htm

Ride Quality:Comfortable on uneven pavement, but can be a bit floaty at highway speeds. GTP with Comp G is firm but not harsh.

Re: Yet another Review... - 03/20/03 08:27 PM

I forgot this one:
http://www.trentyne.com/driventodrive/Reviews/04-PontiacGrandPrix.html

Even more confusion about TAPshift......Arggh!

TAPshift allows the driver to "manually' shift gears on the automatic transmission by using F1-style shifter paddles located on the underside of the steering wheel. This means shifting can be done without moving the hands from the steering wheel. Changing gear is easily accomplished in this quasi-manual mode - to shift up, simply push either paddle forward using the thumb - or to shift down, just tilt the paddle in the opposite direction using the first or second finger.

Re: Yet another Review... - 03/20/03 09:15 PM

Oh well, I guess we'll be in a race much like Craven & Busch for who gets our car first. The Orange is supposed to be available in April and the dealer told me it would be six weeks after that, so depending on when in April it would be here mid-May to mid-June. Hopefully you'll be taming the potholes well before then. :p

Also, that's a tough crowd at consumerguide.com - the GTP only gets a 7 out of 10 for acceleration. I can say that as impressive as my '97 GTP is, it's not close to the '87 Grand National I had. Of course, I blew the head gasket after 22000 miles utilizing its prowess at every stoplight laugh I'm much more mature and sedate now laugh laugh