HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING???

Posted by: Jizz

HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 07/14/04 07:58 PM

At night -- (probably because that is when I can see it).. when I hit a bump I notice my headlight beam jumps all around... also I can move them a bit with my hands (up and down)

Is this normal?!?!?!?!?

T.I.A.,
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 07/14/04 08:14 PM

One of mine do it slightly.
Posted by: zachd

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 07/14/04 09:27 PM

Jizz mine do this to. I am going to take my car in again for the window seals(2nd visit) and im gonna bring this up as well as my AC pump is loud i noticed on my road trip it sounds like a low humming noise but gets irritating after 6 hours on the road. It is the AC pumpdoing this so im gonna have this checked out as well.
Posted by: Adam S.

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 07/15/04 02:30 PM

When I first drove an 04 for a day and one night, I was disappointed to see that the 04's seem to have the same shaking headlamp syndrome as the last generation models, even though it's a totally new front end with new design headlamp assemblies. It seemed to be the right side one, just like on my current 2002 GT. And yes, I've seen numerous other new GP's with the same problem. I'm thinking the dealer will tell you "well, that's just how they are" or "that's normal." Very disappointing.....
Posted by: tallpaul

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 07/15/04 09:47 PM

as of this tues enginering is working on a fix for the shaking headlamps. i will post more when i hear of more info.

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 07/16/04 01:49 AM

They should've been working on it when the car was being designed...
Posted by: 04DetroitImpala

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/09/04 02:28 PM

my drivers headlight has condensation already.. but no shaking....
Posted by: johnh

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/17/04 01:08 PM

Try lowering the hood latch, so that it closes tighter. Mine was too loose from the factory..it never hit the black rubber stoppers. Once I lowered the hood..nearly all the headlight bounce went away.

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/17/04 09:17 PM

I did notice mine seems like it has a huge gap in the hood area. I will try it.. thanks

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/17/04 09:33 PM

My hood lines up perfect yet still headlight bounce and it seams to be both of them.......

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/18/04 02:27 PM

Where the hood sits should have nothing to do with how secure the headlamps are. You should be able to drive around with no hood and still have stable lights. If you adjust the hood, you might mess up the hood to fender gaps.
Posted by: jvojr

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/23/04 08:48 AM

Mine bounce too. At least I can see at night. They're so much better than the 03's.

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/23/04 09:40 AM

Hum...thinking ahead, my bounce but very slight. Is this a way to make the bulbs or the assemblies last longer? A little play to stop stress transfer?
I await to see what TallPaul come up with...
Posted by: Layoric

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/23/04 06:34 PM

From what I hear GM already has a bracket, its an L shapped bracket that replaces the White Plastic piece. This goes in its place and gets secured so the lights do not move.

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/23/04 07:52 PM

Jizz i dont think it is a way to make them last longer. My old lumina had no headlight bounce and they lasted for 130k miles!!!!!!

Re: HEADLIGHTS -- SHAKING??? - 08/23/04 08:13 PM

The "GM" headlight fix is not official yet!