Ooglie Orange Grand Prix

Posted by: Lorenzo Lopez

Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 04/28/03 08:28 PM

I will be adding pictures of an Ooglie Orange Grand Prix here in a little bit. I encourage everybody to take a look at it... actually, it doesn't look too bad. I got it out of a dealers manual. Enjoy!

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 04/28/03 09:01 PM

Well, here they are.....

Hope ya like it smile

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 04/28/03 09:15 PM

Boy, wouldn't this be nice!
Posted by: Cliff Cherry

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 04/28/03 11:07 PM

Lorenzo,

Thanks for the pics & props. I need something to differentiate myself from all you Galaxy Silver guys! Actually now that you've given a ringing endorsement everyone will be getting Oogilie. Maybe I shouldn't thank you after all laugh

And the grill does look good (probably better on Silver than Orange).

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 04/28/03 11:56 PM

You could be right... boy it's good to see that there are some people in this world that can contribute to such an awesome car. Maybe it's not am M3, but it's a he** of a sedan.

Ya never know what the grills will look like until you try them out... I think they'll look better on any color compared to the stock ones wink
Posted by: midlifecrisis

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/01/03 08:18 AM

When does the orange become available and why isn't victory red offered on the 04s?

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/01/03 08:47 AM

MLC - The Orange was available for order April 1. I've had to delay my order because of the hold on the side-impact air bags, but I'm actually calling the dealer today to go ahead with it without the SIAB.

As for Victory Red, I guess they're using the Orange as the "bright" color for the car :p . I think the Sport Red is pretty sharp in a subdued sort of way.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/01/03 12:43 PM

I saw a sport red GP at a local dealer, and it looked too maroon-ish for me. Maybe it was dirty or something, but it didn't look sharp at all - very dull, even under bright sunlight. Guess I'm used to a bright red that you can see coming down the highway for a ways. Is there a picture of the orange color on an actual production car somewhere? The Pontiac website does not do the colors justice.

Will the orange be available on all models, including the GT1 and GT2?

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/01/03 06:52 PM

It's a subdued kind of sharp laugh BTW, that's impressive that your dealer (McGuire?) had a Sport Red. The count at my dealer (Clairmont) is 6 Silver, 5 Black & 1 White :rolleyes: .

The brochure I have has an OO (Oogilie Orange) car heading off the page; you can only see the side from the doors back. Also, on the Pontiac.com website you can see the OO in the photo gallery in the Making of the Pace Car section. The photos there are a little better than the Build Your Own model.

So far as I know, you can get Oogilie with any model :p . Say, you're not thinking of getting one are you? We'll definitely see each other if you do! :p

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/01/03 07:16 PM

Sorry MLC, I thought you were from Clifton, but that's my2k1gtp shocked

Still, 2 OO cars in NJ is 2 too many :p
Posted by: INSSANE

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/20/03 05:38 PM

Yeah I pick up my FOM GTP tommorrow!!

I saw it in person yesterday and it is saweet!!
Especially in the sun!

I had ordered with side air too and there was a delay so I cancelled before the delay made the color suddenly unavailable too (it's happened)
Subbed the side air with chrome *bling bling*
Pics will come soon!!
Nick

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/20/03 05:48 PM

Congrats Nick kooky ) in going ahead without the SIAB.
Posted by: INSSANE

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/20/03 08:14 PM

Well if it makes you feel any better my due date was first June 1st...then May 28th and it just showed up yesterday. I wanna say about 4 weeks.
Can't complain about 1.5 weeks early!!

Later!
Nick

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/21/03 04:43 PM

Test drove a 04 GT2 with leather today at Arrow Pontiac in Mt Holly, NJ. Very nice. I first drove a Bonne to get a comparison. The Bonne was too boaty for me. The GT2 was in the maroon color. I liked the cockpit feel. Nice leather seats and I love the HUD and the driver info center.

I'd love to get the GTP but that's pushing $2K more, and I'm already stretching my budget to the max with a GT2. The GT2 has plenty of pop for what I need. But I'm not sure about the back seat being so low with a low roofline. And the back spoiler is questionable.

I think I'll be ordering an orange fusion GT2 soon with the beige leather interior. I can wait 4-5 weeks - that's not bad at all.

Triboro Pontiac in Delran has an orange GT2 on their lot.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/21/03 04:51 PM

AIEEEE - Way too many OO's being ordered and showing up on dealer lots jawdrop ! (I'm picking on you, MLC, cuz you're also from the fair state of NJ - INSSANE is way out in IL so we're not likely to meet up eek )

Also, MLC, you can only get the pewter interior with OO confused . Makes no sense; the parchment compliments the OO much nicer IMHO.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 05/22/03 05:54 PM

That really sucks about the leather interior restriction on the orange. I like the contrast of the seats with the dash. And I really only like the orange color, so now I don't know what to do!
Posted by: dawnspyt

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/01/03 10:16 PM

I LOVE the OO, I took delivery of mine May 14th and the attention I get in it is just unbelieveable! I've got the whole city talking about me. cheers

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/02/03 07:23 AM

I checked on GM Buypower. There are all of 2 OO GPs in a 100-mile range, and neither has the options I want!

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/02/03 07:53 AM

dawnspyt - Congrats on the OO purchase kooky but all definitely implied no . Now that the color is actually out, it's pretty much thumbsup

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/04/03 10:07 PM

I DID IT!!!

I finally ordered myself an orange GT2! After a couple months of debate, research, and test drives, I finally bit the bullet. I was thinking of black and sport red (both good colors), but orange is just so unique. I got the leather interior & butt warmers, HUD-DIC, cassette and a sunroof. I can't wait to drive and play with all the goodies. Should be around mid-July delivery.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/04/03 10:43 PM

Grudging congrats, MLC! savewave . Let me know if you're ever in North Jersey for the same purpose!
Posted by: crimpton

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/04/03 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by midlifecrisis:
I DID IT!!!

I finally ordered myself an orange GT2! After a couple months of debate, research, and test drives, I finally bit the bullet. I was thinking of black and sport red (both good colors), but orange is just so unique. I got the leather interior & butt warmers, HUD-DIC, cassette and a sunroof. I can't wait to drive and play with all the goodies. Should be around mid-July delivery.
Congrats on the new car!
What's a cassette?????
Just kidding, but I am wondering....Why use cassettes? Ever since the CD came out, I can't bring myself to listen to a cassette anymore.
Sorry about the off topic.

Later now,
Clint

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/05/03 04:44 AM

Quote:
What's a cassette?????
lol

Actually, I thought I was the only one left who used cassettes square . When I got my 97 GTP it came with CD player but I had them swap it for cassette, not wanting to obsolete my collection. If I had to buy a new album on CD, I would immediately record it onto cassette so I could listen to it in the car. I finally broke down about a year ago and bought a 10-disc changer, so at least now I had a choice :p .

Grudgingly acknowledging the times square things!

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/05/03 09:09 AM

I'm still debating whether or not I should have got the cassette. I have some, but don't play them too often. I'm also debating whether I should have gotten the SIAB, but I heard that there was a delay in availability? Please let me know about this issus, since it is probably not too late to call my dealer today and change the order to add the air bags. However, I don't want that to delay the delivery date. I don't know how I'm going to wait 5 weeks as it is! smile

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/05/03 10:14 AM

MLC - A fairly reliable source posting on the edmunds.com Grand Prix board (he was right about 2 other ordering issues I had posted there) said that the SIAB are now delayed until late September eek .

I decided not to wait since they seem to keep pushing it back and I don't want to string things out indefinitely. It's a shame because they are a worthwhile option.

As for the cassette issue, I bought a CD recorder at Radio Shack for about $200, and was able to record my cassettes onto CDs. Audio CD-R's cost 40 to 50 cents each. It was worth it to me because I have over 200 cassettes. The quality isn't the best, since you're recording analog onto digital, and there is some cassette hiss on the CD, but it was cheaper than spending $15 each to buy the CDs. Some of my older ones are out of print anyway.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/05/03 11:07 AM

I'll ask my saleman to check into the SIAB, but if they are delayed until September I can forget about getting them.

I wonder how the cassette affects the look of the stereo for better or worse? I don't think I've seen one with a cassette yet. It's no big deal either way. I did not want to spend an extra $600+ on the 6 CD changer. I hope I don't regret that choice.

One thing I would like to do is record all my LP records on to CD. Trouble is my turntable bit the dust a few years back.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/05/03 11:33 AM

notontopic My wife's grandmother still has a turntable and when it needs repair there's one guy in town (probably in the whole state of NJ, but happens to be in Cedar Grove) and he charges a fortune. She's probably paid many times the original cost of the unit, but she only likes LPs and when you're 91 you're not about to try anything newfangled :p .
Posted by: Wayne Wilson

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/07/03 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Cherry:
I bought a CD recorder at Radio Shack for about $200, and was able to record my cassettes onto CDs.
I've done this with some of my old LPs, sure quality isn't the same but it's not bad. Cleaned up most of the major pops and hisses, so it's not all that bad.

The issue I had was wondering about the Monsoon system in the '04. My father has a 2000 Regal GS with the Monsoon and I had created a few compilation CD-Rs for him and he said they skipped very easily and frequently. I tried them in the CD player in my 2000 GT at the time, eith no problems or skips.

So when I bought my '04 w/Monsoon, I was wondering if I would get the same results. Nope, I've got six custom compilation CD-Rs made and loaded in the Monsoon 6 disc changer...haven't heard a single skip yet which I am very happy with, especially with the much firmer suspension and harder ride. smile

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/09/03 07:16 AM

Anybody have any idea how I'm going to make it through the next month until my 04 comes in? I already printed out the online manual and read through it last weekend. What's next? I'm starting to get the shakes from withdrawal. I never knew that ordering a car was going to be like this! wink

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/09/03 07:35 AM

I hear you MLC, I've been going buggy crazy checking out forums and online reviews and such. Where did you get the online manual? That would be great to get a jump on all the features thumbsup !

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/09/03 09:41 PM

Quote:
Anybody have any idea how I'm going to make it through the next month until my 04 comes in?
hehe...man, I feeeel for ya!

When I went in to order mine, the dealer hopped on the 'dealer network' in the off chance there was one sitting on a lot (eventhough, at that time, they had only been making them for a month).

Damn the luck, *exactly* what I was looking for...Black '04 GTP/WS6 loaded. Another dealer in town had pre-ordered it and just got it off the truck a day before. Sucker had 5km on it. So he called it up, went over and picked it up and prep'd it for me. I had to wait a week from time of purchase 'til I drove it off the lot and I was a basket case for that week...

So I know what you're going through...just can't imagine how I would have held up waiting as long as you are... eek

I just popped off my tails and put a few coats of Niteshades on 'em...what do ya think? I didn't like how bright red they were stock and I didn't want to blacken them out, just take the edge off:

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/10/03 07:45 AM

What's the process for those nightshades?

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/10/03 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Cherry:
I hear you MLC, I've been going buggy crazy checking out forums and online reviews and such. Where did you get the online manual? That would be great to get a jump on all the features thumbsup !
You have to register on myGMlink.com, I think it's called. You don't need a VIN, just plug in the model and year.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/10/03 10:41 AM

Thanks MLC, I signed up this morning. 432 pages for the manual eek ! Guess I better wait until after work to print it out!

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/10/03 12:29 PM

I read through some of it on line and printed out sections on the HUD, DIC and stereo to read later. A lot of the 400 pages is the same stuff every car owner's manual has in it.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/11/03 09:29 PM

Quote:
What's the process for those nightshades?
I popped off the two main tails, 3 wingnuts on each in behind the trunk wall carpet. Took off the 3rd light 'sliver' built into the spoiler, it has two Philips screws up into the tail and you need an 'elbow Philips' to get it off. Also took off the clear plastic strip over the license plate that houses the reverse backup lights (four nuts removed with a ratchet from inside the trunk lid).

Picked up 2 cans of VHT Niteshades, only ended up needing one can but I used all of it (but nothing worse than running out of it with your car all a part!). I put 4 slow double-pass (right to left and back again) coats on it with 15 minutes in between each application to allow to dry. 10 minutes seemed to be dry to the touch and not tacky, but allowed 5 extra minutes to be safe...then you could pick them up and handle them as they were quite dry. Pick one up and walk out in the normal sunlight to gauge the darkness as they will appear darker when doing it in a garage. Also, make sure you have good ventilation as the Niteshade's vapours are quite strong.

After they looked dark enough, I let them sit for an hour then applied some clear coat paint as a top finish since the Niteshades leaves a flat/matte finish. The clear coat put the glossy finish back on it and I had guys telling me that the lights looked stock. smile

I believe I put about 3 coats of clear coat on them to get the finish/shine I wanted them to have. The clear coat spray I used is also made by VHT and can usually be bought where you get the Niteshades product (again I picked up two cans and only needed one).

All in all, took about 3 hrs to do then mounted them back on the car.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/13/03 07:45 AM

I wonder how that will hold up over time. Cool idea!

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/18/03 01:24 PM

Even though I'm not as active on this forum as I used to be, I kinda feel like God having the largest topic in the 2004 Grand Prix list. I'm glad everybody is loving their new GP's. I still have mine, by the way, but I'm also loving my 2001 Firehawk.

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/18/03 04:13 PM

Still keeping the GTP? Cool......

Re: Ooglie Orange Grand Prix - 06/19/03 01:17 AM

Yep, I've still got it. I couldn't see giving up about $9,000 to get rid of it... so I decided to keep it. The whole theory about losing that much money is true, just so you know. it sucks.... but oh well, I still like the car, but the LS1 was an easy out for horsepower.