TRACTION CONTROL

Posted by: ace 05 GP Comp G

TRACTION CONTROL - 12/20/06 09:49 PM

Hi i just bought an 05 gp comp g. it only has 23000 miles. the question i have is that when i take a corner really hard and accelerate thru it the power steering pump starts whinning. (or at least it sounds like the pump.) the whinning continues for minutes after the corner and will not go away even if i turn the car off and back on.

At first i thought it might be the new version of traction control cause my 98 gtp never did that.

any one have any ideas before i take to a dealer.
Posted by: Nitrox

Re: TRACTION CONTROL - 12/20/06 10:54 PM

My 04 GTP had the same problem, take it to the dealer. I think it had to do with the steering because it only happened when I made sharp left turns. This was a long time ago, I don't recall the exact cause. Hasn't happened after they fixed it.
Posted by: brix86

Re: TRACTION CONTROL - 12/21/06 08:33 AM

I had te same problem. I was slowly losing fluid and once i topped it off, no worries. It leaked so slow that it never spotted the driveway - it just dried on the backside of the engine.
P.S. Use a long-necked funnel to fill
Posted by: STRANGEGTP

Re: TRACTION CONTROL - 12/21/06 11:33 AM

I had the same problem in my 04 GTP. Like brix86 said, just fill up the power steering pump.
Posted by: ace 05 GP Comp G

Re: TRACTION CONTROL - 12/21/06 09:41 PM

cool thanx alot guys and/or gals
Posted by: Kansas GXP

Re: TRACTION CONTROL - 12/22/06 04:30 PM

You might check TSB's on this one guys... I know there is an intermediate shaft lubing problem with the steering on our 04+ cars... Just a thought, if the sound comes back...