WizAired Intake Question

Posted by: GTPCompG

WizAired Intake Question - 11/30/09 12:36 AM

I'm looking into a Cold Air intake and I saw ZZP's Wizaired intake. Since this intake is closed off and sealed in a box can you hear the whine from the supercharger just as much as a K&N CAI or is it muffled a bit much like in the stock air box?

If the whine is still really loud I will look into getting the Wizaired box because it is within my budget and I don't want to spend 300+ for a new intake and I don't want a used one.
Posted by: Dthreap

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 11/30/09 05:11 PM

You could always make a FWI. That's what I've got and I've gotten a lot of compliments on the sound.

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 11/30/09 06:04 PM

Do you have to modify (cut) or remove any section of the car in order to run a FWI? If so I don't think I want to run it.
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 11/30/09 06:06 PM

Dont get a Wizaired, they are a waste of money. Do your own intake.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 12/01/09 12:54 PM

Home Depot HAI

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 12/01/09 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
Do you have to modify (cut) or remove any section of the car in order to run a FWI? If so I don't think I want to run it.
I don't believe so. But mine had one when I bought it.

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 12/02/09 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Home Depot HAI
For a Home Depot HAI what size of pipe do I need and what other things besides the filter do I need?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 12/02/09 06:25 PM

Is HAI a hot air intake? If so what are the benefits?
Posted by: 01GTshaner

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 12/02/09 10:37 PM

Not much since your sucking in hot air right by the engine. FWI is the way to go. When i made my own FWI i just used dryer duct which worked perfect and had to roll the cut out open a slight bit more to fit it in. Just stuck the filter in after pulling off the wheel and removing the spash guards in the wheel well. Then it broke. lol
Posted by: andrew383

Re: WizAired Intake Question - 12/04/09 11:27 AM

Better than the HD-HAI
IMO easily feed to/through the fender