folding back seats

Posted by: ThunderBat

folding back seats - 01/12/07 09:46 PM

do all the 04-up GPs have the folding back seat?...or was that optional just on GT & GTP?
Posted by: Kansas GXP

Re: folding back seats - 01/15/07 10:39 AM

I belive that they all do...
Mine even has the front seat that folds down!
Posted by: PontiacPhil

Re: folding back seats - 01/15/07 11:17 AM

All

Re: folding back seats - 01/16/07 09:23 AM

thanx for the info...I'm giving some consideration to giving the T-Bat to my daughter and grabbing up an 04-up model for myself. I looked at a GXP last night...WOW what a nice car but still out of my price range. I think I'm leaning more towards a nice used GTP.

Re: folding back seats - 01/16/07 12:32 PM

Can't go wrong there! I had a 98 GTP three years ago, pretty darn fast. I think the 04-up GTP's have more horsepower than the old ones as well.

Re: folding back seats - 01/17/07 01:36 AM

If I can pull it off I think it will be a good deal as well. I really love the look of the "Inferno" appearance pkg from the GP store and I'll save my bullitts from present ride. I may very well try and go the whole route this time, leather, HUD...all the toys thumbsup

whats really kind of amazing is that I've looked around at quite a few other cars and the GP is just plain hard to beat when it comes to bang for your buck.

Re: folding back seats - 01/17/07 11:32 AM

In my case I needed a 4 door front wheel drive car. What other car out there has 303 HP, HUD, Monsoon sterio, dual climate, heated seats, roof, 18 in rims, cross drilled rotors, bilstein shocks...ete, etc. ??

Re: folding back seats - 01/22/07 09:52 AM

T-Bat...
Go for the GXP. You can find a good used one for way cheaper than new. These cars, along w/ the other GP's take a huge hit in value once driven off the lot.

I loved my GTP, but I love my GXP even more b/c of the beginning hp. and all the options available.
And yes, the "04+ GTP's have more hp. than the '97-'03 do b/c of the more efficient supercharger.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: folding back seats - 01/24/07 01:56 PM

I remember seeing a GP at a car show with a kayak placed over the folded down seats.

Oh and a much nicer HUD as well.

Re: folding back seats - 01/24/07 05:23 PM

Yep, hud has a few more features then the last generation does.
But, one thing I miss on my '02 is the Gal used for the fuel. The '04+ doesn't have that little tid bit in the DIC.
Posted by: Grand Prix GT 05

Re: folding back seats - 01/25/07 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I remember seeing a GP at a car show with a kayak placed over the folded down seats.

Oh and a much nicer HUD as well.

Re: folding back seats - 01/26/07 01:52 AM

that fold flat front seat is a nice option as well...I wouldnt mind having a GXP for sure, and I have already seen a few on AutoTrader for decent prices...does the 5.3 make those 303 ponies on regular fuel?...the only downside I see with the GXP is the different front fascia...I really like the "Inferno appearance pkg" from PFYC but the air dam wont fit the big boy...but I guess if I found a black on black model with a good price I could probably get over that...only time will tell laugh

Re: folding back seats - 01/26/07 11:16 AM

I haven't read through the whole manual yet but it doesn't say anything on the fuel gage or fuel cap about premium fuel only. But I use premium anyway, got used to having to due it with my 04' GTO.
Posted by: Cliff Cherry

Re: folding back seats - 01/27/07 07:08 PM

Kayaks aren't the only things that fit thumbsup

Re: folding back seats - 01/29/07 11:19 AM

Dealer said it didn't matter either way. You are going to get all 303 hp. However, this is the old Vette motor, so I would guess it would be wisest to use atleast a 90+ octane. I have always used 91 in it, with the exception of one tank that the wife filled up w/ 87. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference.