Tranny temp

Posted by: jvojr

Tranny temp - 08/24/04 07:25 AM

Anyone with the info package check out the tranny temp? After driving a while, mine is at around 223 degrees. Seems pretty high. Is that normal?
Posted by: Jizz

Re: Tranny temp - 08/24/04 07:59 AM

I will check mine today. I have looked before but do not remember what it was reading.

Re: Tranny temp - 08/24/04 02:11 PM

Ok Maryland approx 2pm 81F according to the HUD my tranny temp was about 154 and I punched it at a light for approx 1 mile and it hit a high of 167 before I got home. Toal drive time was about 15-20 minutes and I sat thru 3 lights.

I will post more temps on a longer trip.
Posted by: zachd

Re: Tranny temp - 08/24/04 05:21 PM

I guess a GT1 doesnt have a trans temp?Probably not im just a poor white boy

Re: Tranny temp - 08/24/04 08:16 PM

Looks like around town driving mine is 150-160
Posted by: ABlackVTXinMD

Re: Tranny temp - 09/05/04 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jvojr:
Anyone with the info package check out the tranny temp? After driving a while, mine is at around 223 degrees. Seems pretty high. Is that normal?
Observed mine for the first time after commuting I95 for 30 miles in the low 80's temps. There was a lot of stop and go traffic on this particular day. My tranny temp was rigt around 220 degrees according to the guage.
Posted by: InitialDGP

Re: Tranny temp - 09/08/04 06:42 PM

It is definately town driving, ive been found noticeably peeved about my tranny temp for a while going to work and back in bumfug rush hour hitting highs of 218 but when I light up the backroads at night I barely get over 170. Planning on getting some cooling options above CAI soon will report back if it helps a great deal.
Posted by: zachd

Re: Tranny temp - 09/08/04 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialDGP:
It is definately town driving, ive been found noticeably peeved about my tranny temp for a while going to work and back in bumfug rush hour hitting highs of 218 but when I light up the backroads at night I barely get over 170. Planning on getting some cooling options above CAI soon will report back if it helps a great deal.
You have a 01 gt?????/how are you getting tranny temps??????do you have a gauge or a autotap???? im lost on some of your posting??????
And what do you mean cooling options above cold air???? Cold air isnt a cooling option.......
Posted by: InitialDGP

Re: Tranny temp - 09/09/04 12:56 AM

Gauge, and by cooling relating to Cold Air I was speaking generally, CAI keeps your engine cooler by sucking in colder air etc etc, and by cooling options I was thinking along the lines of http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Sc...ry_Code=GPUNDER Or http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Sc...ry_Code=GPUNDER you found?