2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off

Posted by: Bigugly

2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 07/13/11 11:12 AM

I have a 2004 Grand Prix with the Monsoon radio, Onstar and XM. I occasionally will hear ignition noise through the speakers, a wine that gets higher with RPM's. And when the car is shut off, even with the door open, I hear static thru the speakers. Anyone have any idea where the problem lies, and if it is something that can be fixed, or something that could cause serious problems?
Thanks in advance!

Re: 2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 07/18/11 11:09 AM

I was told by a GM tech that the noise has something to do with the amp for the Monsoon stereo, and there is not a fix for it according to GM tech bulletins. Noise comes and goes, just really do not like the ignition like whining noise while the car is running.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: 2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 07/20/11 01:52 PM

Did you put unshielded plug wires on?

Re: 2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 07/20/11 05:10 PM

Wires are factory wires. Whining ignition noise is present until you shut the car off. After the car is turned off, with door opened so all accessory are also shut off, you can hear static or feedback through the speakers for a little while.
Posted by: jjcom

Re: 2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 07/20/11 09:28 PM

The whining noise might be the alternator, if I'm reading this correctly. Try taking off the belt, start the car and see if it still does the whine.
Posted by: burkem_10

Re: 2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 07/21/11 09:20 PM

You need to find the amplifier and check the wires. Ensure that they all have a good connection, especially the ground wire and the RCA cables.

Re: 2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 07/22/11 01:48 PM

Thanks for all suggestions. I'll check the amp ground and RCA cables out.

Re: 2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 07/26/11 09:10 AM

Got a new set of wires coming from Rockauto. The noise comes and goes so I am not too sure the wires have anything to do with it, but they could stand to be replaced so we'll see what happens.
Posted by: 84CitationX15

Re: 2004 Grand Prix- Igntion noise thru speakers-static with motor off - 03/15/12 02:11 PM

I had this EXACT same problem. I disconnect the speaker that was having a vast majority of the static, only to have the static jump to the next speaker. I called by friend who is an electrical engineer, and he said the radio has a bad ground connection, so what is happening is the radio needs to send power to the ground, it can't through the primary ground (due to a bad connection) so it's sending it through the speakers. I took the radio out, disconnected the ground wires behind the radio in the dash (there are multiple components going to the same ground point), wire brushed the contact, stacked the wires differently and tightened the bolt down real good. I have had NO problem since then. I would be shocked if this doesn't work for you.
Posted by: karenmillen

Hermes handbags uk - 05/04/12 05:58 AM

This bride is easygoing, and as peaceful as a breezy summer months decreased tide. Her wedding dress is actually a slip
http://www.nieos.com/
on and bares the pure innocence yet sensual and horny. With lightweight materials and flowing silhouettes, look to get

a strapless neckline or gentle straps to show off your joyous glow of the blushing bride.

China : Starting off is

usually the hardest point to do and trying on your own very first wedding gown is among quite possibly the most nerve

wracking experiences for most brides to become. Most brides have got a image in their head of what they think they

want.
karen millen uk sale
karen millen outlet
Hermes handbags uk
hermes outlet