Posted by: BryantGTP

Congratulations Jizz...... - 09/21/04 01:18 PM

you're all alone in the GTO forum.
Posted by: Jizz

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 09/22/04 10:45 PM

hammer
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 09/23/04 03:33 PM

I'm growing into the new GTO's now that I'm seeing them on the streets more often.

Hopefully I'll be on my motorcycle if I see you at a redlight....

devilsmile
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 09/24/04 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
I'm growing into the new GTO's now that I'm seeing them on the streets more often.

I 100% agree. It took me a while for me to grow to them. Thought the front end was stubby. Now I can't stop thinking about trading in my GT for one. I styled up my GT nicely and I like the way it looks in comparison to the GTOs, but 375 lb-ft torque!! The ONLY thing stopping me is I don't want to do another 4 yrs of paying off a car. I can live with 16 mpg, maybe.
Posted by: EnYgMa

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/01/04 11:19 AM

I'd like to grow on them too, however, they're not available in Canada. One of the Pontiac dealer owners brought one up from Arizona though!
Posted by: zachd

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/02/04 10:53 PM

Id like to buy one and store it and use it for weekends..........but while i have the garage space for that i dont have the wallet space for 2 20+ cars.......darnit........
Posted by: InitialDGP

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/15/04 04:32 PM

Its like a muscle sleeper, looks weird and slow with boring lines but goes like hell even off the lot. I love it.
Posted by: FireGTP

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/16/04 11:28 AM

It took me awhile to get to like the new GTO.I didnt want pontiac to ruin the great legacy of the old GTO's.But after driving one,I was hooked.I love it!
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/26/04 09:42 AM

I would have to say I have warmed slightly to the new goat...I'm sure if I drove one I would most assuredly enjoy it since I know it has the right guts and hardware to make a killer ride...I do like the interior, its just such a shame that the exterior of the car doesnt stir me up...the Trans Am couldve had no badging on it at all but it was still unmistakeably badazz...I've already heard that Pontiac is going to a bolder dual exhaust set-up for 05...I've also heard they only plan to import this car for 2 more model years...maybe a domestic built GTO will be the show stopper we've come to expect from the excitement division...don't get me wrong here, I don't knock anyone for snapping up one of these rides cuz they are double-tuff machines...its just that understated and low profile has never been my cup of tea...I'd have to have a body kit and a ram-air hood at least thumbsup cool

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/26/04 01:01 PM

Yes the 05 gets Dual Exiting exhaust and 2 minor hood scoops (not ramair) just cold air to the engine. Also true the Holden (GTO) will only be built for 3 years (2 more) the the new Zetta platform will be out and you can expect the new Camero, Chevelle, GTO a few other RWD V8 to be built on that platform. But that is the plan now...I guess it could all change over the next few years though.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/29/04 10:31 AM

I may be in the market for a change myself...all this new stuff seems to be driving the prices of the used cars down...I made the mistake of looking at a Bonne SSEi the other day...I hate to say it because I really do like my GP but that car was so much more comfortable and with the L67 under the hood and only a little more than I gave for my GP...I've almost considered trading...who knows...btw, have you seen the tv commercial with the 3 car garage?...GP in the left bay, Bonne GXP in the right bay and the GTO screaming into the driveway and spinning a 180 to back into the center bay!...that shit was cool!

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/29/04 03:53 PM

I love that commercial hammer
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Congratulations Jizz...... - 10/30/04 04:09 AM

Yea that was a cool commercial. Thanks for the info. I was going to test drive one tomorrow and I was concerned with comfort. Thanks for clearing that up.