Schedule for arrival in dealers?

Posted by: midlifecrisis

Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 05/01/03 12:46 PM

What's the latest estimated availability date for the GTO?
Posted by: Lorenzo Lopez

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 05/03/03 02:37 AM

It's going to be a while... only 18,000 or so this year... frown

Probably late fall
Posted by: why2kmax

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 05/04/03 11:29 AM

Ive heard they should be getting in about late august. Only 18,000 will be imported (thank the UAW for that one) Ive heard that dealers are only going to get like one or very few since there are so few. Who knows.

Guess we will find out this fall. Wonder how much they will mark them up.
Posted by: Sgt Combs

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 05/05/03 06:27 PM

I cant wait do you know if the dealers are taking a waiting list?? smile

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 05/29/03 07:33 AM

I wonder if they will be placing markups on the cost, like Ford is doing with the Mach 1 at dealers near me.
Posted by: Chew

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 06/04/03 03:44 PM

I can almost guarantee a markup during the first year. Given that they will be imported in limited numbers from Holden (Australia) - I've heard they will be retooling and adding additional capacity for the GTO for export purposes in the years to come. Since they won't be able to supply the domestic Holden's and US market GTOs with their current factory setup without slighting one side or the other.

Hopefully the increased supply - should mean better pricing to us.

Besides I would skip the first year - just for the sake that it is the first model year. There are bound to be bugs that will need to be fixed. Wait for model year 2 or even 3. savewave
Posted by: Marc Harbison

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 06/04/03 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chew:
Besides I would skip the first year - just for the sake that it is the first model year. There are bound to be bugs that will need to be fixed. Wait for model year 2 or even 3. cheers laugh

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 06/04/03 04:53 PM

hammer

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 06/10/03 12:55 PM

I ordered an 04 GP after much debate, since it is a first year model. Although my 99 GA was a first model year and held up pretty well. The 04s are built in that quality award winning plant in Ontario, so hopefully that will help. But I'm sure there will be bugs and recalls nonetheless.

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 06/10/03 01:04 PM

I don't have any doubts about the plant that assembles the car - I have doubts about the wacky engineers that designed it! wink
Posted by: Snax

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 07/24/03 10:55 AM

I have one on order. Well as far as you can go with it. I was told sometime late December closer to January. That was about 2 months ago. Now they are saying possibly October. savewave
Posted by: why2kmax

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 10/24/03 06:53 PM

So has anyone taken delivery or seen one in a dealer showroom yet?

Jeff
Posted by: kwiksilver

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 10/24/03 07:43 PM

Nope, not a single one yet.
Posted by: Adam15612

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 10/24/03 09:09 PM

I saw one @ the US Nationals @ The Indianapolis Raceway park back on...well, I dunno when it was...a couple of months ago...Anyways, It was on display along with some other pontiacs...VERY NICE!!! I haven't seen one @ a dealer though.

adam
98 gtp
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 10/27/03 09:56 AM

Austin had a new car show this past weekend. Saw a GTO in person for the first time. What a sweet ride!
Posted by: vortec4200

Re: Schedule for arrival in dealers? - 10/27/03 03:43 PM

There are pictures on some of the GTO websites of the 'goat boat' leaving the harbor in Australia with the first shipment - I think that was last week. So they're on their way!