I just want one....

Posted by: Shag Finger

I just want one.... - 05/01/02 03:32 PM

The countdown begins!!! [Yes!]
Posted by: Chew

Re: I just want one.... - 05/01/02 03:45 PM

Given the amount of bucks I'll be sinking into my current car over the next few months, I prolly will not be buying another coupe - as much as I like the GTO specs.

So ... I guess it's going to be a Gforce sedan to supplement my trusty old toy GT coupe (soon to be CSCed!)! smile

Re: I just want one.... - 05/01/02 03:49 PM

You see that is where I am different. I already have a sedan. :p
Posted by: blugu

Re: I just want one.... - 05/01/02 04:23 PM

Could one of you guys post a link to the new GTO spec's, and/or a pic of it or two? thanks

Re: I just want one.... - 05/01/02 04:27 PM

Well the true specs arent out yet but it will be a Holden Monaro GTO coming here as a Pontiac.

www.hsv.com.au

thumbsup
Posted by: Chris Jarrett

Re: I just want one.... - 05/01/02 08:56 PM

Aren't they thinking about bringing over another Holden to replace the Impala SS? Or was that just crazy talk I heard the water cooler....
Posted by: JCM73

Re: I just want one.... - 05/01/02 11:07 PM

Jeff - I don't think they are actually bringing the actual Monaro GTO over, just the Monaro.

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 07:05 AM

That may be true but from what I heard its going to have a 350HP motor which IIRC is only in the Monaro GTO and that the regular Monaro only has 300HP.
Posted by: YDTRACK

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 09:35 AM

I want one too!! May even work out to where my GTP is paid off in time to sell/trade-in for a GTO.

cheers
Posted by: GTP Saloon

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 09:38 AM

I've got to be honest. I hope they throw some sort of big motor sedan our way, too. Two doors just doesn't cut it with a family. Unfortunately, slow doesn't cut it either!
Posted by: Chew

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 09:46 AM

Well,

From the conversations in the GForce section ... thats what Bob Lutz is planning on doing.

The GForce Sedan + GTO Coupe. Since Bob L. said he wants to eventually position Pontiac against the likes of BMW, performance will definitely have to be emphasized - both in sedan and coupe forms.

Alot of my friends in BMW clubs are quite impressed with the Grand Prixs as they stand (97+). Very high torsional rigidity, and the L36/L67 motors have been on Ward's Best motor list for quite a few years.

My only area of complaint is in the fit and finish. The materials (both leather and plastics) need to be of better quality, and the assembly process needs to have stricter quality controls.

No loose and dangling IP panels.

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 09:58 AM

I myself cant really complain of the fit and finish of my sedan. I have no creaks and all the body panels and interior parts match up just fine. I really love my current 99 and the previous 96 that I had. The only complaint that I do have is the lack of a V8 and RWD.

BTW this wansnt meant to be a free post :p
Posted by: vortec4200

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 12:16 PM

Tom Stephens (Powertrain cheif) has said there would be a high-perf version GTO with a higher HP motor - maybe this is where the 300/350 HP confusion has come about.

The impression I got was that 300 HP would be in the first year, then 350 HP would be an added option later?

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 12:49 PM

You know what, 300hp, 350hp, it doesnt matter matter. Its still a bad a** car, and if it comes over, I'll be one the first in line. devilgrin

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 12:53 PM

Exactly and the HSV Monaro GTO isnt all that much different than the regular Monaro and most of the differences would probably be changed by Pontiac by the time it gets here anyways. [Rotate]

Re: I just want one.... - 05/02/02 01:03 PM

The LS1 has just as many mods if not more than the L67. If they do bring it, and they do keep the LS1 in it, thats one damn fast car that can hold 4 people and groceries..... cheers
Posted by: Marc Harbison

Re: I just want one.... - 05/06/02 07:53 PM

I talked with a couple Pontiac Marketing reps. during the PE400 this past weekend about the GTO. It's a great looking car, but the price tag is going to be steep! eek They estimate it'll cost about $10K more than the Grand Prix. Then you'll have to add on a gas guzzler tax and the dealership mark up... which will be high since the GTO will be available in very limited numbers. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the high $30K range.

I'll stick with a loaded 2003 GP.

Marc

Re: I just want one.... - 05/06/02 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Harbison:
I'll stick with a loaded 2003 GP.

Marc
Its cool as S, RWD and V8. Sign me up. If that is what the next GP was then I would get one of those. I have no intentions of ever getting rid of the GTP but I have been severly missing RWD and V8. laugh