Check out this M3

Posted by: brown

Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 04:21 AM

http://custom.autos.yahoo.com/gallery/overview-car-20381

The owner says that its a chromed (not painted) M3. 3.3L 450hp doing 0-60 in 4.5 sec, and thats before he gives it any NOS. Is that even possible? Cool looking car (IMO) the wheel flares look custom, wider than a stock M3. The car has 2 18'' subs and a 6 speaker system, along with a PS2 and DVD player. Must be nice to have that kind of money.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 08:17 AM

All that chrome kills it.
It would be a much, much nicer car if it were painted.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 08:28 AM

It looks like a toy. I wouldn't drive it.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 10:25 AM

My car is a toy!

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 10:59 AM

I dont even know if the car is street legal. Can you have such a highly reflective car? The car wasnt designed with daily driving as its main role, but I think its a cool looking car. Much different than most other cars people are driving. The chromed body reminds me of the Ford Shelby GR1 concept, with the hand polished aluminum body.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 11:05 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the Ford concept was painted. I would almost bet that the M3 is as well. There is a company out there that makes chrome style paint. It looks like the real deal but it's very expensive. Chroming a car would add a lot of unnecessary weight.

I also wondered about the legality of driving a car like that. I know I'd hate to see it coming toward me with the sun setting behind me. But, if it is illegal, how shiny can your paint be before it's illegal? Are we going to mandate flat finish cars now? wink

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 11:15 AM

The Shelby GR1 concept was a hand polished car, I can remember everyone talking about how many hundreds of hours of polishing it, it took to get the car show ready. Ford has made other concept/mule GR1's and they were painted.
Posted by: xXAbercrombie05

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 11:37 AM

ew. i think its ugly like woah
Posted by: xXAbercrombie05

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 11:42 AM

oh and btw, no way 0-60 is 4 seconds with all that crap in it, eg the amount of paint to make that job look good, the weight of the subs and amps alone are what make that not believeable...plus he didnt even spell nitrous correctly. and a car doesnt HAVE nitrous, it has NOS...nitrous oxide system. if a car had nitrous, you'd probably not wanna drive it smile
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 12:05 PM

NOS is a trademark name. As for the shine and legality issues. I think it would be street legal. Look at all those fuel tankers on the road with those mirror finish rears.

As for performance ya it's probably bull. As for the toy comment I was refering to matchbox type toy.
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 02:26 PM

I bet getting a ding on that thing would be more of a problem than with a normal car. :rolleyes:
Posted by: UMfan

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 03:51 PM

I joked about a year ago about chroming my GP. I'd still do it. crazy
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/08/07 06:57 PM

looks like it belongs in my diecast case...a little overkill I think...I saw the Audi Avus show car that had a polished aluminum body as an homage to the old Auto Union grand prix racers from pre-war Europe. They actually sanded all the paint off one of their race cars to make the weight limit and they defeated Mercedes that year. They were the first to build a mid-engine car for grand prix racing.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/09/07 12:02 AM

I kinda like it but were I lived it would be gone within a week or so.... lol
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/10/07 06:33 PM

i dont like the wheels on it they stick out way way to far ... idk ... i wouldnt drive it ...
Posted by: pedal down

Re: Check out this M3 - 03/10/07 09:48 PM

i would think it would be a show car, as a show car i like it. as a dd its just dumb.