What happened to everyone?

Posted by: webcrawlr

What happened to everyone? - 05/09/02 01:27 PM

It would seem that most people just stop posting not that it's a forum and not email.... kinda a shame to see a lot of the long timers go away like that. [Computer]
Posted by: Chris Jarrett

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/09/02 01:48 PM

Some people just fear change...... frown
Posted by: Stephen

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/15/02 11:13 AM

Some of us just find it more convenient to read and reply to e-mails than checking forums.

I was fairly into ClubGP forum for a couple of months, but then I got busy and I just couldn't justify the extra time to keep checking the forum. It already appears to be that way with the new incarnation of the GPML for me. Not enough time.
Posted by: kwiksilver

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/19/02 04:45 PM

Ditto
Posted by: BrentA

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/20/02 09:05 AM

I'm the same way, it was easier for me when I didn't have to go searching through the forum.
Posted by: Shag Finger

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/20/02 05:10 PM

Been finding that I am spending less and less time here.
Posted by: Redshift

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/20/02 10:33 PM

C'mon guys. Its not like we have 124 forums to search through. There are maybe 5-10 new topics a day. Is it THAT hard to access the website and look at what you want? no
Posted by: BrentA

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/21/02 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian A. Marks:
Is it THAT hard to access the website and look at what you want? no
Yes, I have to log in and then search topics.
Posted by: Shag Finger

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/21/02 10:03 AM

I am not complaining. Its just that the activity has dropped off. Nothing all that new to come and look at more than once a day or two. Thats all. I wish it would pick up so that I had a reason to look at it more.
Posted by: Boost

Re: What happened to everyone? - 05/24/02 12:07 PM

I think one of the reasons activity has died down is because the GPL now "competes" directly with another popular GP web forum. The two have essentially the same topics, so it's easier to read the site with the higher traffic.

The email GPL was successful despite GP web forums because it had a niche. Email was a different medium than web forums; you could follow the GPL passively and it seemed more personal. Now the web GPL is redundant with other forums, no flame intended.