Sound System

Posted by: 4drgt

Sound System - 03/12/07 11:26 PM

my girlfriends birthday is coming up and i keep asking her what she wants... well she just got a new car and some things she said were a sub for her car, tinted windows, perfume, or some things that i was thinking was the 1st and 3rd season of the OC because she is a big fan and she has the second season....... well to the point.... does anyone have any sugestions because i was leaning to the sub for her car ... what would be a good subwoofer for her car because she told me that she dosnt want to bump... she just wants it to sound a little better than it does now... she has a 98 malibu.... i was looken at a bazooka tube .. what does everyone think... i have no idea what to get her ... thanks for everyones help lol
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 12:05 AM

Tints, she would love you for that, trust me on this one. laugh

Far as the sound I dont know, the girls I know isn't to big on sound systems but if she wants something louder I guess the sub is fine, but not sure on that one.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 09:51 AM

10" sub. I picked up the infinity dual coil 10" and a 900watt rockford amp and it's great. I can blast my rock music pretty good, but more importantly the sound quality is dramatically improved at lower volumes. Couldn't be happier with it. Doesn't kill your budget either.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 10:35 AM

If she's big on sound... are you sure she wants a sub? A set of components might be right up her alley instead of a sub.

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 10:40 AM

she was sayen that she wanted a sub.... but i think i will let her pick out her headunit and then i will get her diffent speakers sometime.. components wont be for her because when you run components you need to get a 4channel amp to run them and thats alot more money ... if anything she will just get some 2 or 3 way speakers... she said she just wants a little more than stock bass... but i was thinken about tint .. the guy in town charges like 180 for the back 3 windows .... or i will go to bestbuy and get her somethen because i have 30 bestbuy dollors

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 11:00 AM

$180? That's expensive. I'm getting my GP done for $75 from a coworker (used to do it professionally) and a guy with a tint shop next to work usually charges around $100 for all the windows.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 11:35 AM

About 100 USD is generally right. 180 USD? Dude, that's a bit high.

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 06:32 PM

really.... i have no idea how much it should cost because ... he is the only guy that does it close to where i live .. he uses 3m tint and will fix it if there ever is any air bubbles or anything... but it should be around 100 or so for the back 3 windows?
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 07:08 PM

My girl just spent lik $180 on her windows on a 2007 jetta. She loves them, so your girl would love that too.
Posted by: The Fridge

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 07:08 PM

I would say tint, people get bored with subs, they end up wanting more or less than what they have. Get the tint.

And it better be solid gold tint for $180.00

I paid $125 but it has a lifetime warranty and it is high end film.

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
but it should be around 100 or so for the back 3 windows?
No, $100 for all windows including a visor strip. Most places use a lifetime film as well, unless you specify something else.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 08:30 PM

Yah, I don't know why she paid that much, but I didn't pay, so whatever. Was down in the Tampa area.
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 08:48 PM

heres what you do...got get 2 12" kenwoods with an amp

wont bump much and still sounds good and you can usualy find a good deal on em smile

Re: Sound System - 03/13/07 11:33 PM

i should call the tint guy tomarow and get his forshure quote.... get a quote for 2 cars maybe he will cut me a deal then too then i can also have an excuse to get myn done lol if the tint runs way to much i will go to best buy and see how i can spend my reward zone bucks lol .... because i think she wants her back 3 done and idk about a window strip.. its almost pointless for us to the front driver and pass. window because the % darkness that they allow for where we live is hardly anything you cant really tell the diffrence and the cops are really anal about it all .... i guess they have nothen better to do than give people dark window tint tickets..... but at least im glad i have a girl that wants stuff for her car ... because i actually know what im shoppen for then lol

Re: Sound System - 03/14/07 07:12 PM

i called the guy today and asked him and he said that he wanted 160 for the back 3 windows and 25 for a stripe up front. i told him that there is places that do it for 100 and he rambled on about how he uses the highest quality 3m film and that there is a lifetime warranty on it but i said to him gee 160 is a little high and then he got mad and adventualy he got mad enough were i was like " well i guess i was just seeing how much you charged because i would like to get it done localy" then he got snooty and said ok then hung up on me ... . well at least he dosnt know my name lol

Re: Sound System - 03/14/07 07:47 PM

Sounds like he's stuck up and thinks his work is worth gold. I don't even know the guy and I don't like him.

BTW, if you want it, I've got a NIB Sony Xplod 250w amp. I'll sell it for $40+ shipping. It should be decent for a single 10" if she's just looking for a little bass.

Re: Sound System - 03/14/07 08:07 PM

no... thanks for the amp offer though. idk what i am going to do ... but i adventualy i will have to have this guy do my tint job because he os the only guy that is close to where i live. i dont know what i am going to do yet for her bday i still have a little time to think lol but thanks for the amp offer again
Posted by: pedal down

Re: Sound System - 03/25/07 03:23 PM

is that sony 2 or 4 channel?
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Sound System - 03/25/07 05:13 PM

Quote:
no... thanks for the amp offer though. idk what i am going to do ... but i adventualy i will have to have this guy do my tint job because he os the only guy that is close to where i live. i dont know what i am going to do yet for her bday i still have a little time to think lol but thanks for the amp offer again
sounds like this guy has a monopoly on you guys. i would learn to do tint and run this guy out of buisness
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: Sound System - 03/25/07 05:49 PM

Quote:
he os the only guy that is close to where i live.
That's why it's so pricey. I got all the windows done on my car for $149.

Re: Sound System - 03/25/07 05:51 PM

when i talked to him i was like well i found a place that will do the back 3 windows for 100 and then he got mad and goes well you should have them do it then... i know thats why he is so much but gosh... and we checked on getting stickers made for a window banner and he wanted 25 per layer of color
Posted by: STRANGEGTP

Re: Sound System - 03/26/07 10:30 AM

Learn to do it yourself. You can order the tint precut for your car online if I'm not mistaken. It's not hard to do at all.

Re: Sound System - 03/26/07 08:59 PM

i dont want to keep doing peoples tint i have to fix enough of my friends cars i dont want to start tinting the cars for them too lol i just want to get it done .... but i bought my 2 flowmasters now i just have to get them installed !!!!

Re: Sound System - 04/01/07 10:17 PM

has anyone used the precut tint that you can buy on the internet or is it better to just take it somewhere