Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia

Posted by: UMfan

Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/18/06 02:16 AM

The jokes are better if you hear them. But I wanted to put a BIG WARNING about the language here.

LOTS OF SWEARING AND RACIAL STUFF. NOT FOR WORK OR SCHOOL:
www.carlosmencia.com

You can do internet searches for his jokes too, but I like the videos and website better.

I have been a big fan of Carlos for about 5 years now. He makes fun of Mexicans, Black people, white people, Asians, Arabs, Handicapped, Rednecks, etc. Basically his shows have some sort of message to them, and he ties it together with jokes. His message is that we can't get along with other races unless we are not just comfortable living with each other, but joking with each other.

I have a 2 hour standup mp3 file I can burn to CD if you want it. I think he did a really good job with it.

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/18/06 02:21 AM

Oh, and on the issue of illegal immigrants Carlos says this joke:

"send them to different countries, like when we catch a mexican, send him to panama. That may make them think twice"
Posted by: Golden Glider

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/18/06 03:33 AM

That Carlos Mencia is HILARIOUS!!!!! Season 1 DVD out now!!

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/18/06 11:57 AM

I like his stand up better than his 30 minute shows.

Try one of his full length DVDs or CDs. I have the CD "Take a joke America" and it's great.
Posted by: Alex

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/18/06 12:42 PM

Thanks, i'll check this link! thumbsup
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/19/06 09:53 AM

I watch it whenever I see its on... good stuff! haha
Posted by: framos242

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/19/06 10:50 AM

I saw him last year doing stand up show. Got to meet him, got his autograph and took a pic with him.

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/19/06 01:52 PM

That is awesome framos!
Posted by: framos242

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/19/06 03:26 PM

thumbsup
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/19/06 05:54 PM

that is some great sh** cheers
Posted by: BTC13

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/19/06 07:21 PM

Carlos is much better on his regular standup gig than he is on his comedy central show. He does have limitations with his weekly show there, even though it's on cable. He used to be a regular on the college campus circuit. I'm pretty sure he's originally from somewhere in South/Central America, not Mexico. He pulls no punches and gives it to every race, creed, religion, etc.

Re: Hey Alex: Carlos Mencia - 04/19/06 11:04 PM

yes, he's originally from Honduras, but he plays the part of a Mexican.

In one of his skits he talks about how racist Americas are. They look at his skin and if he's in LA they call him "Mexican". If he's in Miami, he's "Puerto Rican".. but yeah, he's from Honduras.