door panel lights

Posted by: 00grandprixgt

door panel lights - 10/21/08 11:43 AM

my back 2 door panel lights are out in my car so i need to knwo the numbers to get them fixed lol

like in the door itself , and different colors would be cool
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: door panel lights - 10/21/08 11:50 AM

You mean the courtesy lights in the back? Those are ez to get to. You can get diffrent colors at autopart stores but would reccomend sticking with white light or go super white LED's (if you wanna actually have them serve there purpose of lighting your back seats). Maybe that isnt the lights your talkin about? Are you possibly talking about the ones on the actual door themselves? (reflectors or w/e)..
Posted by: grand prix baby 99

Re: door panel lights - 10/21/08 05:45 PM

i have them for sale..send me an offer for them
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: door panel lights - 10/21/08 06:01 PM

iirc they are 194 bulbs. You can get them in a variety of colors.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: door panel lights - 10/21/08 08:04 PM

I got a quick question about courtesy lights, I was gonna make a separate thread but since this one's here I'll just throw it in.

I had the front panels off when I was putting my new 6.5" speakers in a week or two ago and I had some 194 bulbs ready to put in the panels since my lights were out but there were no lights. There were holes in the reflectors for lights but no harnesses or anything. I thought all GP's had at least front door courtesy lights or was I wrong?
Posted by: palsut

Re: door panel lights - 10/21/08 08:36 PM

My 2001 and 2003 SE model don't have any lower doors lights too.

Since your car is 98 from user name right? I thought it should be like 00+ model stop make doors light. I might be wrong. I remember someone mentioned that GM is trying save some money for skip few parts like doors light, catfish bumper and some I don't remember.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: door panel lights - 10/21/08 09:57 PM

I'm not really sure. For some reason I thought that 00+ got courtesy lights in the rear doors too and 97-99 got them only in the front but apparently I'm wrong.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: door panel lights - 10/21/08 10:23 PM

My 2002 don't have them either.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: door panel lights - 10/22/08 06:32 AM

I'm not sure what Pontiac's plan was for the lights in the doors. I think it was an option. My 98 has courtesy lights in the doors.
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: door panel lights - 10/22/08 12:54 PM

the lights behind the little red reflector on the interoir door panel are 194's

thanks guys u help me alot of confusion lol
Posted by: jaybur

Re: door panel lights - 10/27/08 10:52 AM

my 99 only has them up front. the housing would accept the socket if you wanted to add the lighting, but its not back there, just looks like a reflector as is.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: door panel lights - 10/27/08 11:26 AM

My '98 has lights in the front doors and reflectors in the back. When I bought the car, the driver's side front lens was cracked, and the driver's side rear door reflector was missing. I decided to buy two of each, along with a package of door panel clips to fix the driver's side rear panel(whoever pulled off the panel probably swiped the reflector).