Dealers and stealers

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Dealers and stealers - 08/11/08 09:21 AM

We'll use this thread to highlight those business's/people that we do business with.

Dealers are people that you'd recommend to do business with in the future.

Stealers are those you'd stay away from.

Please keep this thread on topic if it strays I'll delete the offending post.
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/11/08 08:21 PM

Dealers:

ZZPerformance.com
Summitracing.com
shockwarehouse.com
amazon.com
slponline.com
blueovalindustries.com
r1concepts.com

Stealers:

none at this time
Posted by: theone2043

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/12/08 03:28 PM

Dealers:
RotorPro
3800 Performance
PFYC

Stealers:
Intense Racing
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/12/08 04:39 PM

Dealers:
DR Custom Parts
GM Parts Direct
Posted by: RooK

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/12/08 04:59 PM

Could I please request that people listing stealers must list reasons for their title.

Dealers:
ZZPerformance
Wbodystore
Summit Racing
Tbat
Umfan
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/12/08 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by theone2043:

Stealers:
Intense Racing
what happened? not sure if im allowed to ask in this thread... but im curious
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/12/08 06:06 PM

Dealers:
ZZPerformance
PFYC
R1 Concepts
AnythingAuto.com
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/12/08 06:08 PM

Stealers:
www.bestpricecameras.com and their 20 affiliate sites

Dealers:
www.bhphotovideo.com

Internet websites for help
www.bbb.com
www.resellerratings.com
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/13/08 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
Originally posted by theone2043:
[b]
Stealers:
Intense Racing
what happened? not sure if im allowed to ask in this thread... but im curious [/b]
It's on topic. If some one wants to know why an entity is listed as a stealer they can ask.
Posted by: DoberManJT

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/13/08 07:53 PM

Dealers:
Ed Morad
Pedders
PFYC.com
MarylandSpeed
NewEgg.com

Stealers:
iRotors (mainly sell through Ebay)

Dealers are all companies that I've personally had BEYOND good customer service from. iRotors is the only online site I've ever had a SERIOUS problem with.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/15/08 11:01 AM

Dealers

Ed Morad
PFYC
ZZP
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/16/08 11:52 AM

Dealers:

TireRack.com
Discount Tire
Bridgestone/Firestone Tire
NAPA
AutoZone
CarQuest
GM

Stealer:
GM (for prices)
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/21/08 07:01 PM

Dealers:
Tbat
Jayrock06
ZZP
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/21/08 07:46 PM

I'd like to add Advanced Auto Parts to the Dealers list
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/21/08 07:51 PM

advanced auto i feel is too overpriced, i can allways get everything a coupple $$ at oreillys

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/22/08 12:38 AM

See, it's the opposite for me. And no one in my area has the service Advanced Auto Parts does (though Autozone isn't far behind). Plus, AAP is right across the street from my apartment complex. lol
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/26/08 09:52 PM

I'm with your Ace. The AZ by my house has a constant turn over of computer operators behind the counter. The AA 1/2 mile away has two guys in their 50s that run the place and actually know about cars, not that I need their help, but I've been there when they are actually helping people. They do a good job hiring young people who are polite and speak english, not street.
Posted by: palsut

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/27/08 10:37 PM

Dealer:

pfyc.com
my local junk yard laugh

Stealer:

"Monster part online"

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214632

I like this website because they are cheapest than GM direct part.

Example for my exhaust system.
Dealership: $600+
GM Direct part: $500+
Monster part online: $430.

I saved lot of money for that.

Reason why? I'm still waiting for my 5 missing clamps. It has been over 2 weeks! I can't tell which one part of fault? GM or monster part online. All they told me still looking for exhaust size. I mean come on it is 2.5! What part they don't understand? :rolleyes:

Re: Dealers and stealers - 08/27/08 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 72chevman:
I'm with your Ace. The AZ by my house has a constant turn over of computer operators behind the counter. The AA 1/2 mile away has two guys in their 50s that run the place and actually know about cars, not that I need their help, but I've been there when they are actually helping people. They do a good job hiring young people who are polite and speak english, not street.
You've got a good point. When I go to AZ, I always see a new face. And frequently, it's a kid that speaks ghetto. The AA has 2-3 middle aged guys who are always helpful. One of them even put my new wiper blades on my car for me (though I could have done it myself... lol ) They are a fountain of knowledge, and have explained the difference in things as simple as wiper blades to me. Sometimes without my asking... lol
Posted by: jaybur

Re: Dealers and stealers - 10/07/08 11:27 AM

ROCKAUTO !! www.rockauto.com

they do just that, they rock!
Normally cheaper Brand name quality parts than the cheaper brand parts locally. (including shipping)
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Dealers and stealers - 10/24/08 08:08 PM

Dealers:

PFYC.com

www.3800performance.com

www.wbodystore.com

www.zzperformance.com

www.performancepeddler.com

www.greenbastardproducts.com I recently purchased a new product from him, a 97-03 W Body Plenum water deflector that eliminates the cowl vent leaking/water in the floorboard issue.

Re: Dealers and stealers - 10/25/08 02:43 AM

I would like to reiterate ZZP. Here's the reason:

I bought the HV TB & PCM from them, before Hurriance Ike. The storm delayed their installation, then my car dying delayed the installation, then when I got back my job delayed their installation, and then a SES light after installing them delayed me shipping the cores back, and then I forgot to ship them. I was honest and told ZZP this, and said I'm shipping them back now, and hopefully I can get the core charge back, but if not I understand.

I got a reply that afternoon, telling me that it's fine, they won't dock the core charge.

Now THAT is customer service. Part of the reason I didn't get them back in time was MY fault, and I still get all the money back. I would have totally understood if I didn't.

Of course, congratulating them on the new record, telling them to shoot for low 8's, and telling them I look forward to future business with them regardless of how the core charge is handled probably didn't hurt matters. lol
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Dealers and stealers - 12/05/08 02:02 AM

DEALER!

Jim's Racing Tire & Speed Equipment
508 Orems Rd
Baltimore MD 21221

1-800-281-0409 (toll free)

Jim might be 79 years old but he and his son run an old school business. they are knowledgable and extremely helpful and want you to be satisfied no matter what. They dont have an eBay store but do advertise items on eBay Motors.

Jim is distributor for Weld Wheels, Greg Weld Motorsports and American racing wheels as well as various tire brands including Mickey Thompson drag radials.
Posted by: GTP-MAX

Re: Dealers and stealers - 12/19/08 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jaybur:
ROCKAUTO !! www.rockauto.com

they do just that, they rock!
Normally cheaper Brand name quality parts than the cheaper brand parts locally. (including shipping)
I have to agree Rockauto is imo one of the best autoparts dealers out there. Pricing & service are outstanding.
Posted by: Rick_04GTPCompG

Re: Dealers and stealers - 01/01/09 07:15 PM

Flip\'s Custom Tails

Re: Dealers and stealers - 04/24/09 10:08 AM

Dealer:
Acefighter. Thank you for your patience with my schedule. Thank you for meeting up with me late at night on the side of the freeway for pickup. Good seller.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Dealers and stealers - 05/15/09 03:34 PM

STEALER - ZZP if you want a reason PM
Posted by: 03GPSE3.4OHIO

Re: Dealers and stealers - 05/21/09 12:42 PM

dealer :ed morad , morad parts company good costumer service,good prices and having them locally her in Cleveland is a plus .

Re: Dealers and stealers - 05/29/09 11:06 AM

Dealer: Streetshaker

Re: Dealers and stealers - 06/02/09 04:42 AM

I just saw Ricks post, thank you. lol

If we are listing users here, then
Dealer:
Taz

Re: Dealers and stealers - 07/09/09 05:10 PM

I'm adding Palsut as well. Great transaction.

Re: Dealers and stealers - 09/12/09 04:00 PM

Dealer: Jorgs.

Great lookin clear corners. Matter of fact, I hate the corners now. My headlight capsules look like [crap]. J/K: Thanks for sending the corners before receiving the money. Thanks for ALL the work put into the corners...cannot say thank you enough.
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: Dealers and stealers - 09/12/09 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Dealer: Jorgs.

Great lookin clear corners. Matter of fact, I hate the corners now. My headlight capsules look like [crap]. J/K: Thanks for sending the corners before receiving the money. Thanks for ALL the work put into the corners...cannot say thank you enough.
Buyer: Rick, We agreed on 25$ shipped, So I said mehh, I ship them out a few days early since I know GPN is full of great people. So he sent me 50$ instead of the 25$!!! With intent, not on accident lol. Which I thought was the case.

Thanks Rick!

Re: Dealers and stealers - 09/28/09 04:01 PM

mandrel bending solutions- Great seller!!

I bought 2-2.25" band clamps and I stripped one of the threads, He sent me a replacement ASAP.

Very good customer service.
Posted by: UMfan

Re: Dealers and stealers - 11/05/09 12:39 AM

Heh..I just saw this topic (I rarely do busines with anyone). I was surprised to see my name. Thanks Rook!

Dealers:
All of the parts companies online (Intense, PFYC, 3800, ZZP, etc. I've never had a bad experience with any of them).

Rook (good deal on an XBox awhile ago)
Crimpton (I know him well in real life. Good guy. If he sells/buys he can be trusted)

Re: Dealers and stealers - 11/05/09 12:42 AM

00GrandprixGT- Karl- Stealer.

Never gave me the 17$ he owed me for me shipping corners to him which costed 15$ to ship. Just was being a nice guy, never got the money over 6 months later. He claims the letter is returned to him from USPS each time.

They never leaked for me, but claimed they did for him, Regardless I would of made 2$, now Im still out 17$.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Dealers and stealers - 11/06/09 04:35 PM

GrandprixGTalpine is very good
Posted by: black99gtp

Re: Dealers and stealers - 11/08/09 10:49 AM

Dealers - I've had great experiences with everyone I've dealt with so far....

palsut - gave me a great deal on a tail light, fast shipping, great communication, thanks!

98greengt - sold me a gauge pod, and then helped me (and by help did basically everything!) put in the gauges when I got then. Has helped with many questions. Thanks!

01GT - bought grills from him, met up halfway, great communication, thanks!

01GTshaner - sold the grills to him after I needed money to buy new tires/rims, quick payment, great communication, thanks

almost forgot a couple it's been awhile...

lbolta - bought zzp pcm, very quick shipping

novass369 - summit turbo mufflers and rear bumper decal, great communication

and I forgot who i bought the gauges from but thanks to you as well
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: Dealers and stealers - 11/20/09 12:29 AM

Dealer:
Palsut - Amazing fast transaction of roof rails that came quick and were exactly as described. Communication was amazing with him and he will get you what you need if he has it! Thank you palsut! laugh

Re: Dealers and stealers - 11/25/09 05:27 PM

SlickGTP: Dealer.

I just realized that, after all of our transactions, I never put him on here. Always negotiable, always prompt and reliable. I have never had any question or concern about him keeping his end of the bargain. I understand that there is very little remaining, but if you get the chance to do business with John, great guy to buy from and work with.

Re: Dealers and stealers - 11/25/09 10:34 PM

Dealer: 01GT
Posted by: ChrisGT

Re: Dealers and stealers - 12/11/09 12:27 AM

I thought people over here knew I guess not.

TDC Racing = Scumbag who scammed many buyers.

He started off as a great GP sales guy offering deals and parts but he has taken a very large sum of money from peoples orders and disappeared.

Do not buy from this seller.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=4883070&p=&mpage=1&tmode=1&smode=1&key=tdc&language=single

http://www.grandprixforums.net/f14/the-official-tdc-investigation-thread-20791.html
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: Dealers and stealers - 12/16/09 06:22 PM

Chris Willbanks of Norman, OK (OKSooner89 on ClugGP)(Has account on Clubgp and few other forums).

Do not buy from him as he has stolen from not just me but others and is known for stealing money as well.

Re: Dealers and stealers - 05/14/10 06:54 PM

Dealer: Kristin Jensen (Wing). Bought a set of projectors from her recently. Was willing to quickly answer my questions. More importantly, though, was quick to ask questions and accomodate the needs of me and my wife. Fast shipping and had insured the lights.