Which SUV?

Posted by: Combat Commuter

Which SUV? - 09/19/03 08:03 AM

Hey y'all!

Never thought I'd say this but I'm thinking about getting an SUV. My GTP has made it through four Michigan winters. I've decided to keep her so I don't want to put her through another.

I'm too spoiled to buy a beater and I keep running into situations where I need to haul something.

So tell me, what kind of SUV does the Grand-Prix crowd drive?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Which SUV? - 09/20/03 08:28 AM

Id have to say go with either the envoy or trailblazer that new inline six is off the hook. by the way stay away from the last body style of the blazer 95-02 i think every one i know has nothing but problems with em or you could go bigger with either the yukon or tahoe id stay away from the bigger utes unless you gonna do some towing but hey then u could get a trailer and tow your baby to events
Posted by: jvojr

Re: Which SUV? - 09/20/03 10:26 PM

If I had the money---GMC Yukon Denali
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: Which SUV? - 09/21/03 12:54 PM

I love my father's tahoe. Couple problems, but a lot less than my GTP.

If I were to buy a bigger vehicle, I'd definetly go diesel.
Here's some good info:

Pass Gas, Burn Diesel
Posted by: Old Sarge

Re: Which SUV? - 09/21/03 09:12 PM

At the risk of getting booed & hissed might I suggest an Escape XLT. We have one and enjoy it a lot, it's not huge but you can carry quite a bit in it. It rides & handles really good, we make numerous trips over the mountains from home on the coast to Portland for shopping or medical appointments at the VA horse-pistol and she takes the curves like she's on rails.

The 3.0L 4 cammer under the hood makes it a little pocket rocket. I've taken her up some of the barely maintained logging roads around here and she didn't complain one bit, just dug in and up we went.

Give it a thought, they are a good alternative to a bigger suv.
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: Which SUV? - 09/23/03 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Sarge:
At the risk of getting booed & hissed might I suggest an Escape XLT.
Don't be afraid of mentioning Ford, I think there is a member on here with the name Fordsrule88. What he is thinking, I don't know....
Posted by: jvojr

Re: Which SUV? - 09/23/03 07:31 PM

Since we're being honest. I own a white 95 ford Bronco(OJ Edition). Probobly the cleanest 95 in existance.