Loss of a Regal!

Posted by: BoostenGTP

Loss of a Regal! - 03/31/08 04:49 PM

Sad day for a member at Got3800 forum. Lost his regal in a wreck. Here is the link to pics and story of what happend.

Wrecked Regal
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 03/31/08 05:29 PM

I'd be highly upset, but highly glad I was alive. Really is a bummer when one can't avoid something like this.
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 03/31/08 05:32 PM

ouch... frown
Posted by: RooK

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 03/31/08 06:22 PM

It sucks, I'd have real issues if that happened to mine. Still, it shows how good the W-body design is for taking impacts.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 03/31/08 06:52 PM

i wish i could take and rebuild that car now !!!
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 03/31/08 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
i wish i could take and rebuild that car now !!!
dude....

seriously. have some respect. I cant believe you posted that right in his thread

edit: gotta keep it family friendly

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 03/31/08 10:24 PM

a bad thing to say? im a bodyman thats what i do im sorry that i feel like doing my profession, car accidents happen its a fact of life, im just there to help rebuild them and get people back on the road.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 03/31/08 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
It sucks, I'd have real issues if that happened to mine. Still, it shows how good the W-body design is for taking impacts.
Exactly, my car save my life twice and I've been driving careful ever since because when something like this happen, you just more cautious and aware of your surroundings.

It's good that he was alive and the car did its job protecting him and the family.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
[b] i wish i could take and rebuild that car now !!!
dude....

seriously. have some respect. I cant believe you posted that right in his thread

edit: gotta keep it family friendly [/b]
I don't really see why he said such a bad thing either...?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 08:01 AM

Sad to see.

Time for thread hijack

Think of the sleeper look the Regal bumper cover would be.

Plus wonder if the Regals headlights work any better? They look like they have a similar outside shape but different reflectors. Wonder if they could be swapped.

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 08:52 AM

I know Regal headlights attach via speed clips like a Grand Am. So, I doubt they will attach without quit a bit of work. That doesn't even account for the different shape.

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] i wish i could take and rebuild that car now !!!
dude....

edit: gotta keep it family friendly [/b]
I don't really see why he said such a bad thing either...? [/b]
its the post right in the guys thread. hes obviously upset about the car, and thankful that he survived. He doesnt need vultures coming in and asking to buy his wrecked baby. I guess it might not upset some people, but i find it so disrespectful, bodyman or not.

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 02:08 PM

if you find it "disrespectful" to want to fix cars then so beit to each his own i guess.

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 02:17 PM

ordonez, at this point I don't think he would mind someone buying the car if they were going to fix it. At least it would be cruising the roads again.

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 02:21 PM

Quote:
if you find it "disrespectful" to want to fix cars then so beit to each his own i guess.
You completely missed the point. The point is that you said "i'll buy the junked car from ya." Its not the fact that you want to fix it, its the fact that it was like a child to that guy, just the way that all of us are about our cars, and to call it a "junked car" in the 2nd post in the guys thread is messed up. Do you really think that is what the guy wants to hear as soon as it happens? Its just a fact of taking a second to let the dude at least recover from his physical injuries before you go and ask to buy his "junked car".
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 02:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] if you find it "disrespectful" to want to fix cars then so beit to each his own i guess.
You completely missed the point. The point is that you said "i'll buy the junked car from ya." Its not the fact that you want to fix it, its the fact that it was like a child to that guy, just the way that all of us are about our cars, and to call it a "junked car" in the 2nd post in the guys thread is messed up. Do you really think that is what the guy wants to hear as soon as it happens? Its just a fact of taking a second to let the dude at least recover from his physical injuries before you go and ask to buy his "junked car". [/b]
i agree with u 110% i understand andrew wants to fix it up but just let the guy regroup himself after some idiot was the cause for his totaled car....the guy said he cried so it obviously means that the car meant everything to him so u dont just go and be like "ooo i want that wrecked car!!" its just the principle to respect the guys space for a month or so to allow him to get over what just happened.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 04:25 PM

My God! Def coulda been worse, glad to hear the guy is OK.

...I'm gonna have to side with Ordonez on the off-topic subject. I understand the body-man standpoint, but give the guy a little room to regroup with his loss. I'm sure you understand what everyone is tring to say.

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 07:09 PM

i was a huge jeep guy, out messen around one day i rolled my jeep, smashed the windows crushed the roof, basicly every pannel on the car was gone, it landed back on the wheels so i changed the rim and drove it home, after that i called the local body shops and got an est for the ins comp, not even 2hrs later i had the junkyard called and the car sold!!! yes i still have alot of parts from the jeep, but you have to look its a material item. maybe if the car had a story behind it?

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 07:22 PM

Every car has a story behind it. My car is like my firstborn child, and it really seems like this guy felt the same way. For him to shed a tear when the insurance company said it was totalled shows that he really did care for the car. I guess you dont understand the mentality of how close some of us get to our cars.
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Loss of a Regal! - 04/01/08 08:08 PM

ok andrew thats a completely different situaton then what u said to him....ok i can understand if HE contacted ppl on here but U went to him and said "I want UR car"