Wife keeping me busy

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Wife keeping me busy - 12/22/05 07:27 PM

Well after my last trip I've taken two weeks off work. Well the other day we went out for coffee and on the way back to the car I noticed a softball size dent just outboard of the passenger side foglight. Gravy. Unfortunately where it was at you couldn't just push it back out. So I had to do this...

I ended up having to use a 2x4 and a big heavy hammer to get my front facia straigtened out. Unfortunately I couldn't take the entire dent out the plastic stretched so now I have a shallow dimple about the size of my hand. Not very noticable. Why couldn't she wreck the hood then I coulda got the SD hood I've been jonesen for?
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/22/05 09:54 PM

Ouch! eek
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/22/05 11:20 PM

Wow, what happened? Or do either of you know? kooky

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/23/05 08:52 AM

We not sure how it happened but I think it was from pulling into our drive way after the snow plow went by.
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/23/05 10:54 AM

How much does a front end cost?

Mine looks like cats had mad passionate sex underneath it every weekend.

Rock chips aren’t aesthetically pleasing either.

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/23/05 11:12 AM

It's not the cost of the facia that would worry me it's what it would cost to have it painted two tone frown
Posted by: Alex

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/23/05 12:42 PM

Sorry to see your baby with the face off!!!
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/23/05 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:

Mine looks like cats had mad passionate sex underneath it every weekend.

Rock chips aren’t aesthetically pleasing either.
lol lol lol ROFLMAO!
my front fascia and hood have plenty of little chips (so much so I almost hate to wax the car) but nothing like what Tasty is describing!
Posted by: framos242

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/23/05 05:31 PM

I feel your pain Herc!
Posted by: TexasGP

Re: Wife keeping me busy - 12/24/05 06:35 PM

the big ole hammer shoulda accidently flew out of your hand and onto the hood.....maybe a few times. Make sure you are eating something greasy, like chicken, so you have something to fall back on incase she thinks you did it on purpose......