To the webmaster...

Posted by: notladstyle

To the webmaster... - 04/17/08 10:08 AM

Dunno if you are aware, but theres no link to the forum from the main page that I could find =( I had to google it.

Is this on purpose?
Posted by: theone2043

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/17/08 10:11 AM

i think its under gp mailing list
Posted by: gteisele

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/17/08 10:37 AM

yea top left right next to the grand prix that lights up "grand prix mailing list" what are you talkin about haha
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/17/08 12:11 PM

Next time you log on, use this link...

http://www.grandprix.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php
Posted by: brown

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/17/08 04:00 PM

I found this forum through google. I also found the home page on google too, but never figured out how to get to the forum from that page. I've been here 2 years and I still couldnt tell ya how to.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/17/08 04:27 PM

I have brought up this issue with Brian in the past and he said he would be doing away with the front page, so it takes you straight to the forum.
That was 2 years ago. frown

It took myself a couple of months when I joined before I figured out how to access the forums.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/17/08 05:19 PM

lol. our webmaster is MIA.
Posted by: notladstyle

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/22/08 11:54 AM

hahaha the "mailing list" is the forums laugh ok thats good to know. Now I can get to the forums from my ipod without googling it :p
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/22/08 12:02 PM

Sorry but I wouldn't expect any structure changes anytime soon. The webmaster has been MIA for a very long time.

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/22/08 01:40 PM

Ok I've been in contact with PFYC. To contact Brian click on his user name and then his address is listed in his profile as brian@pfyc.com

He should respond.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/22/08 03:03 PM

Well hopefully we dont loose the forum with him MIA...
Took me about a year before I knew that link was the forums... I found it through google when i first got my GP, and been here since laugh

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/22/08 03:28 PM

Do we have a plan if this place goes MIA along with brian?

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/22/08 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Ok I've been in contact with PFYC. To contact Brian click on his user name and then his address is listed in his profile as brian@pfyc.com

He should respond.
No problems. Problem solved.

I've talked with Brian and Mike at PFYC and both were very concerened about the communication. I believe a little operator error on our side was the problem. Brian doesn't have time to log on and check things out that's what Bobby and I are for so his PM basket is probably over full lol. He's very prompt with the email responses.

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/22/08 03:40 PM

is there a backup if this boat should ever sink? I worked too hard to lose mine 1k post....haha
Posted by: crimpton

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/23/08 12:19 AM

I was going to post the other night but got sidetracked......

BAM, or Brian A. Marks is still the webmaster, and I've never had a problem contacting him when necessary..... He's got a full platter, and this board is in the middle of it. I don't see any changes for the forum in the future but I feel BAM has no interest in abandoning it.

Mike Lewis with PFYC is an upstanding individual..... If he has anything to do with this, it's not going anywhere. I communicate with Mike somewhat regularly and one of his interests is to keep the interest in these cars going. PFYC still holds sponsorships for Grand Prix Clubs, so it is in his best interest to keep things going at a steady pace.

Did I use the word interest too many times???? .... smile
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/23/08 03:18 AM

Am I the only one who found the forums under Mailing List almost instantly? confused

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/23/08 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Am I the only one who found the forums under Mailing List almost instantly? confused
lol, no... i didnt have any trouble

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/23/08 10:05 AM

i have no idea how i fell upon this site....
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/23/08 10:09 AM

I think I fell upon this site when my blower motor resistor went out, and my dad said try searching the web, and I was like it won't be on the web. Well what do I know, sure it was on GP.net!
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/23/08 10:54 AM

I googled "grand prix forums" and it was one of the listings that popped up. Along with clubgp of course, but not for me.

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/23/08 01:18 PM

I googled Pontiac Grandprix pace car editions to find info on my car when I was debating buying it or not.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: To the webmaster... - 04/23/08 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
I think I fell upon this site when my blower motor resistor went out, and my dad said try searching the web, and I was like it won't be on the web. Well what do I know, sure it was on GP.net!
haha, basically the same deal here. It was when I had that blower motor/cowl problem. My dad said google to see if they have any grand prix forums. This one was top of the list. Thank god it wasn't that other place! crazy

But yeah, my dad had an '84 Firebird and always got his problems solved by using the forums.

Pontiac to Pontiac

Like father, like son!