road runner update (56k warn)

Posted by: ThunderBat

road runner update (56k warn) - 06/11/08 01:43 PM

work is coming along nicely on the Chrysler Sebring Road Runner convertible...check out some pics

repainted interior trim, dash and door inserts silver to match the body color and other pieces black for accent...in keeping with the silver/black theme

door panel w/road runner nameplate...

dash panel bird...

interior shot...

Also tinted the tail lights...much like I did on the T-Bat but this is more of an homage to the 69-70 road runner tail treatment.

I'm still planning some kind of similar treatment for the headlights and a few other blackout items (grille and rear license plate surround)...but its coming together laugh
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/11/08 01:45 PM

Damn T-bat, that's not bad for a Sebring. Not bad at all.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/11/08 01:55 PM

That would be one sweet car turboed!!
I really can't tell you painted those inserts, looks like factory.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/11/08 01:55 PM

those tail lights make the car come together really nicely!
Posted by: BlackTop Vinyl

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/11/08 05:00 PM

Im not guna lie...I hate chrystlers. Ever since my mom had its grand caravan...anyway.
That car looks sick, I must say. **snaps**
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/11/08 09:40 PM

Thta looks very nice T-Bat, even tho Im not a convertible person thats pretty cool, something like that would be cool to do on a coupe model sebring or something similar
Posted by: snowrider900

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/11/08 09:56 PM

Not much of a mopar fan, BUT...When people do things to there car like you have done that are clean, look good, and have atten to detail then i will give them kudo's on it. Looking Good T-bat thumbsup
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/11/08 10:34 PM

Those tailights makes the whole car, and the inserts are very well put together.

Are you sure thats a sebring. lol
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/12/08 02:45 AM

nice... i was wondering how long it was gonna be before you went on that black and silver theme wink

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/13/08 03:35 PM

blacked out grille and headlight eyebrow trim...went with the same "3 stripe" motif as the tinted tails

and finally the two stablemates..."ThunderBat" and "SunRunner"
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/13/08 03:40 PM

Both cars have great looks:)
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/13/08 03:56 PM

Wow. just wow. I'm not a chrysler fan but those headlights make the front end look great!

Nice road runner emblem.
Posted by: brown

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/13/08 03:56 PM

The sebring is looking great. Nice work! I'm still not a big fan of the spoiler, but the car looks great regaurdless.
Posted by: RooK

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/15/08 03:59 PM

I'm quite impressed with that Sebring and what you've done. It's the best looking Sebring of that body style, hands down, and is only getting better.

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/15/08 04:37 PM

Its looks are putting a hurting on the GP!
Posted by: elen0841

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/15/08 08:58 PM

That is done very clean and nice thumbsup Nice work!

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/15/08 09:59 PM

Tbat, how did you tape off for the front headlights? The lines look so clean.
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/15/08 10:23 PM

I would really like to know how you taped that off aswell I think that looks amazing. I wanna do something like that with my headlights on the prix.

Re: road runner update (56k warn) - 06/16/08 03:02 AM

I used 1/4in vinyl pinstripe tape for the curves and the automotive masking tape for the bigger areas. The 3stripe on the tails and front markers are 1/2in automotive masking tape laid out and cut with an X-acto knife. I prep with some Scotchbrite pads and then clean with alcohol before taping up.

...and while I like the way the Sunrunner is turning out, I dont think it will ever look as menacing as the ThunderBat...and if I ever get around to dropping an L67 under that WS6 hood it will have the grunt to back it up. (maybe when the L36 gives up the ghost)