seen this yet?

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

seen this yet? - 01/02/06 09:02 PM

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=9&article_id=3104

New Challenger. I'm gettin tired of the retro thing. Lets see what D/C does.

Mistyped last night lol
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: seen this yet? - 01/02/06 09:04 PM

I think it looks hot!
Can't wait to start seeing them on the road.
Posted by: Jizz

Re: seen this yet? - 01/02/06 09:29 PM

Hidious!

Should have left it back 30 years ago where it belongs.
Posted by: BTC13

Re: seen this yet? - 01/02/06 09:43 PM

Actually, that is a Challenger show car and has not gotten an ok to build yet. If given the ok, will probably be an 08 year model. As the 30 year old version did, the new version would give GTO drivers a wonderful view of its tail lights. If built, I will buy one.
Posted by: jeremy

Re: seen this yet? - 01/02/06 10:10 PM

if i have the cash it will be in the driveway the day it comes out!!! that is one of the best looking cars i have seen in a long time.
Posted by: BTC13

Re: seen this yet? - 01/02/06 10:12 PM

I have to agree with you Jeremy. Ford did good with the retro Mustang, Mopar dropped the ball with the Charger. The Challenger would be awesome.
Posted by: UMfan

Re: seen this yet? - 01/03/06 12:02 AM

I'd get one painted like the General Lee. wink
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: seen this yet? - 01/03/06 07:11 AM

at least they didnt make it a 4dr like they did with the Charger (which would have been a boss-azz new Intrepid) I hate the nameplate on that sedan almost as much as I hate seeing trucks with "Daytona" splashed on the side with giant plastic wings. mad what an insult to the most awesome car to ever hit the high banks of NASCAR.
Posted by: framos242

Re: seen this yet? - 01/03/06 10:34 AM

I give them props for trying to update the Challenger to a modern look. I must say that the engine bay looks very sweet. laugh
Posted by: Alex

Re: seen this yet? - 01/03/06 11:42 AM

I love the way muscle cars are going but the charger.

I have these which supose are the concept for the camaro, someone told me that they were like diferent halfs cause the cost, and they use each half to do different concepts. I mean you can notice a line exactly at the middle of the car.

Re: seen this yet? - 01/03/06 12:07 PM

Alex,

those pics are making me drool... laugh

Re: seen this yet? - 01/03/06 04:55 PM

What happened to design inovation? Enough of the retro already. I'm sorry but that camaro will not be built. It's too flashy for chevy. I mean come on they had a total redesign of the Impala and look what they gave us. A beefed up malibu. frown
Posted by: RooK

Re: seen this yet? - 01/03/06 08:53 PM

OMG. They did the Challenger right with this rendition, unlike the Charger. The body lines are very close to the original e-bodies and looks fresh too. No doubt if I had money I would buy one, but I know I can't afford it. I'd be even more willing to throw money for a 'Cuda version... damn you D/C for killing Plymouth.

Re: seen this yet? - 01/04/06 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I mean come on they had a total redesign of the Impala and look what they gave us.
I agree with you on that point Herc. The 'new redesigned' Impala looks like a beefed up Cobalt IMHO. no

Re: seen this yet? - 01/04/06 07:02 PM

I like the new Charger yes it's four doors but it still just exudes power.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: seen this yet? - 01/10/06 09:37 AM

I love the challenger. That thing is sweet looking. I saw a picture of a 2 door charger that someone did. They painted it like General Lee, too. I dont like the chargers only because of the 4 doors. And the mustangs were cool when they first came out, but there is way too many of them out there now.