Misfortunate Events...

Posted by: GTPCompG

Misfortunate Events... - 08/31/08 02:54 AM

I had came back to visit family in Iowa in a rental 09 Kia spectra...car has around 1000 miles on it. Well anyhow I was on the way to visit relatives out of town and ended up hitting a deer with the rental car. Messed up the front passenger fender, headlight, door, and mirror. As some of you may know I was just recently in a accident where I rear-ended someone in my grand prix. This is a very hard time for me and dealing with insurance companies is becoming more and more of a pain.
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 08/31/08 03:01 AM

did you get the extra insurance on the rental car?

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 08/31/08 03:14 AM

No, but I believe it should only be 250 for hitting a deer. I was driving 5mph under speed limit and had brights on and the deer still happened to come outta ditch and make me hit it...it was pretty much unavoidable.
Posted by: palsut

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 08/31/08 07:42 AM

dang... you might have crappy month of August for have 2 accidents. Hopefully, September is fresh start and keep eyes out of damn deers and watch the road to avoid rear end someone wink
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 08/31/08 09:15 AM

wow that has to suck im sorry ben lol
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 08/31/08 11:50 AM

that sucks man... good luck

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 08/31/08 12:47 PM

Well yup I hope September is a good month for me. I suppose gettin the grand prix back w/ new hood will make me feel a bit better. Hopefully im gettin all my accidents while im young and wont ever have ne when im older:)
Posted by: Alex

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/01/08 09:10 AM

Lets think september will be a better month!!
And how is the deer?

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/01/08 07:41 PM

Dead.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/01/08 08:15 PM

I woud sure hope so. Cant understand why folks cry for Bambi. Anyone ever think of it this way?: Those hunters really werent after the deer in the first place; they had rifles for their own protection while fishing or something. Then Bambi and family decided to cross the highway, caused the "hunters" into the ditch, totaling their truck, and leaving them stranded (Bambi was drawn WAY before cell phones, after all). After being stranded far from home, I'd set up camp in the forest and start looking for retribution my damn self.

Pardon the rant. Glad that you and all others (if there were any others in the Kia) are alright. Good luck settling this with insurance.

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/02/08 10:06 AM

Yup with a girl during the accident (were both ok and it was the first thing i checked was to make sure my passenger and I were safe and ok) we were headed out for a movie and we were just talking about deer and suddenly bam, out of no where, big buck hits the side of the car. I couldn't beleive it myself, the luck i've had latley is terrible. Thats 3 accidents this month alone.
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/02/08 11:13 AM

at least it wasnt a nice car you hit a deer with when my old truck ran i had custom made grill guard make outa 2x4 tubing welded to the frame and i coudl hit anything with it deer, ricers, or anythign i foudn fitting
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/02/08 11:01 PM

Wow, august is a bad month for you. Will that delay you from getting your grand prix or you can pay the rental place for the deer that hit the rental car.

Hope everything go good for the rest of the year.

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/03/08 02:05 AM

It didn't delay me getting the car back, I should have it this Friday or Monday or tuesday of next week.

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/03/08 07:46 AM

you should have cut off the rack lol or loaded that thing on the roof of that kia and taken it and got somejerkey made out of the deer lol hahaha
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/03/08 11:29 AM

thats kife dude. my mom hit a deer a few years back with an old 90's caravan and she backed up over it again to make sure it was dead so it wouldn't get up and charge them... don't ask why but she did lol.

i've hit a rabbit once, thats about it. it went thumpity thump thump lol.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/03/08 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
you should have cut off the rack lol or loaded that thing on the roof of that kia and taken it and got somejerkey made out of the deer lol hahaha
Better yet...venison steaks and Bambiburgers, mmmmm...

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/03/08 07:58 PM

yum yum lol

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/03/08 09:37 PM

me being in so many accidents has had a benfit, ive gotten to test drive some cars...I now have a voltswagan Jetta 2.5L 5cylinder (lol) and it seems like it has more get up and go then my car ( i could be wrong) but that thing can book it. Of course though im not going to go to fast in it considering my bad luck so far, ive actually been driving more safe and more cautiously then i ever have in my life...its almost a paranoid feeling.

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 09/03/08 09:38 PM

me being in so many accidents has had a benfit, ive gotten to test drive some cars...I now have a voltswagan Jetta 2.5L 5cylinder (lol) and it seems like it has more get up and go then my car ( i could be wrong) but that thing can book it. Of course though im not going to go to fast in it considering my bad luck so far, ive actually been driving more safe and more cautiously then i ever have in my life...its almost a paranoid feeling. Pretty much im sure bambi is out to get me.

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 10/26/08 07:41 PM

lol ik the felling
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 10/26/08 08:04 PM

old thread...
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 10/26/08 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
old thread...
x2 get with it karl!
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 10/26/08 11:38 PM

how do you stumble across a thread like this? you would have to do some serious digging

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 10/27/08 01:05 PM

tehe im get bored Ok....
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 10/27/08 05:00 PM

theres no reason to bring back a thread this old and karl you wonder why people dont like you.

Re: Misfortunate Events... - 10/27/08 05:23 PM

Karl, I think '01 GT put it about right but i still respect yah i think your a cool guy and all so if you would just abide by normal forum rules and courtesies and not bring up old posts that'd be sweet. As for being bored comment on some newer threads that are fresh and active.

Just trying to keep everything here in order and no1 hating each other. I like it when everyone respects one another makes the atmosphere here alot more enjoyable for everyone else.