High Speed Radar

Posted by: Alex

High Speed Radar - 02/16/06 05:39 PM

Hi,

Here at Mexico City the Government has started the use of radars to detect high speed, but here high speed is 55 mph, so anybody is agree with this.

There are some items like the radar detector, but too expensive cause isn't a commercial stuff.

There are a kind of stick that goes on the plate and this sticker doesn't allow the "eye" of the radar to get the plate number, have you ever tried this??

here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Anti-Phot...sspagenameZWDVW
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/16/06 06:58 PM

I like the spray stuff, I know that works!! laugh thumbsup

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/16/06 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fast4u:
Spray Stuff????????
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/16/06 08:32 PM

its liek a clear spraypaint, clearcoat i guess... when light is shined on it its just really bright and blinds teh camera, its worked for me on my G-pas truck
Posted by: 97GrandPrix

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/17/06 09:05 AM

Alex, are they starting to use photo radar or just radar in general? If it's photo radar (takes a pic of your car, no officer needed at the scene), then something like this or the spray is supposed to work. If they are just starting to use the regular old radar in the cop cars, then that will do you no good. Can't beat a good radar detector. It won't block the radar, but will alert you when it's coming up so you can prepare for it(slow down), but it also won't protect you from a photo radar. You can pick up a good Whistler or Cobra for around $60-70. Skip the cheap $30-40 ones and get the next step up right off the bat.
Posted by: framos242

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/17/06 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fast4u:
From what 'you've heard', right...

Just looking out for ya....

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/17/06 11:33 AM

They're using the photo radar.
Posted by: 97GrandPrix

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/17/06 03:38 PM

I would probably trust one of the covers over the spray, though I can't tell ya one way or the other. I realized that I probably over answered your question earlier. Sorry if I came off like you didn't know the difference.
Posted by: framos242

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/17/06 03:54 PM

In IL, a law went into effect making it illegal to have anything that will block a clear view of the license plate.

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/17/06 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
In IL, a law went into effect making it illegal to have anything that will block a clear view of the license plate.
That is the advantage of this sticker, it suposes that is not visible to human eye, just to the lense of the radar
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: High Speed Radar - 02/19/06 01:47 AM

We have a few of those radar cams in downtown Cleveland. A friend of mine got nailed by one. It takes a really high quality picture, enough to get your plates, and mails you everything, along with the $100 fine. In the area where the cams are, it isn't really worth speeding... lots of pedestrians and usually too much traffic anyway, at least when I'm around there.
I'm leaning toward trying that spray out, though, sharing it with some buddies.