Dreaming out loud...

Posted by: brown

Dreaming out loud... - 12/04/06 02:00 AM

So I was poking around ebay and found this . Now I am no where near being able to afford this, but how difficult would it be to swap out the l36 and drop the northstar in? Would there be body modification needed? I think a GP with a northstar in it would be one mean car to putt about in.
Posted by: JPGTP

Re: Dreaming out loud... - 12/04/06 02:38 AM

I believe thats the bonni's gxp engine. It's pushin 275hp. Hell I'd rather the LS2 but don't think it will fit.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Dreaming out loud... - 12/04/06 08:17 AM

Someone over on CGP put a Northstar in a Pre-Gen Grand Prix, and he did it the right way... rear wheel drive. His Cardomain site was updated with his progress. I haven't heard anything about it for about a year now.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Dreaming out loud... - 12/04/06 08:26 AM

Only bad thing about the Northstars is their is a very very limited amount of go fast goodies. If it's horspower you want your better off with the L36. If it's originality go for it.
Posted by: brown

Re: Dreaming out loud... - 12/04/06 11:32 AM

yeah that is out of a bonne gxp. I cant afford to buy/install a new engine, but I thought that it would be cool.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Dreaming out loud... - 12/04/06 01:19 PM

There's a late model Monte W-body with a LS1 under the hood. If it will fit, I don't see why a N* wouldn't. But you're limited to a 300hp (crank) oil eater.