Inglourious Basterds.

Posted by: jorgs_7

Inglourious Basterds. - 08/23/09 01:16 PM

Saw it last night, Brad Pitts voice is so funny in that movie, the way he talks back to people and has negotiations lol.

Some parts drag on a little but aparently thats tarentinos style.

Not as much action as I would of liked though, Compared to the commercials.

That was a great movie overall.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/23/09 04:49 PM

I hated it. I've never had any interest in seeing a Tarentino movie until now, and I'll never see another one.

Until the last couple minutes of the movie, the death count was in the single digits. It was SO freakin' boring. This is the first movie I've ever considered walking out of, and I probably would have if I hadn't been there with a friend.

I don't understand why people complained about how long Transformers 2 was, but not this. This movie is just as long a that or The Dark Knight, but doesn't have any of the action and have an even more boring plot than Transformers 2.
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/23/09 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
I hated it. I've never had any interest in seeing a Tarentino movie until now, and I'll never see another one.

Until the last couple minutes of the movie, the death count was in the single digits. It was SO freakin' boring. This is the first movie I've ever considered walking out of, and I probably would have if I hadn't been there with a friend.

I don't understand why people complained about how long Transformers 2 was, but not this. This movie is just as long a that or The Dark Knight, but doesn't have any of the action and have an even more boring plot than Transformers 2.
When you say a movie sucks, thats what counts me out. Thanks, i didnt want to see this movie anyway :p
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/23/09 07:46 PM

The guys and I are going to see it tonight. Stay tuned wink

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/23/09 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
[b] I hated it. I've never had any interest in seeing a Tarentino movie until now, and I'll never see another one.

When you say a movie sucks, thats what counts me out. Thanks, i didnt want to see this movie anyway :p [/b]
I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic... lol

I had a lot of hope for this movie, it looked like a good action movie, but it's one of those movies where the action you see in the commercials is all the action in the entire movie. And when the movie is 2.5 hours, that's not a good thing...

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/23/09 09:41 PM

Im being serious. Just because you said it sucks, Im not going. You have good taste in movies laugh hahahaha

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/23/09 11:01 PM

LOL Thanks, I guess. lol

I'm gonna see The Final Destination and Halloween 2 next weekend, I'll let you know how they are. :p

I think The Final Destination is going to be stupid, but mildly entertaining. I guess we'll see.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/23/09 11:56 PM

I acually want to see that, so dont tell me how it is! LOL
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 01:33 AM

Just got back form the movie.

I must say, that was the most awesomely ****ed up movie I've ever seen in my life, and probably ever will see.

I actually really liked it. The violence got to me a little bit at the end but that movie was a riot.
Posted by: mezzoni28

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 01:41 AM

i have a friend who saw it and said its not all that its cracked up to be

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 02:13 AM

I thought the violence was the only enjoyable part of the movie, zerg. lol Watching them scalp the Nazis was cool. But there was almost none of it in the entire movie.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 01:22 PM

I liked it, kinda. There really should have been more of the Basterds in it. Way too much dialogue and slow sections in the movie.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 01:41 PM

lol it's a tarantino movie not Michael Bay or Sylvester Stallone. :rolleyes:

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
lol it's a tarantino movie not Michael Bay or Sylvester Stallone. :rolleyes:
I realize that, but have you seen it?
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 07:02 PM

Not to jack the thread, but I thought this was pretty funny and well edited...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuTS_AcjA00

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
I liked it, kinda. There really should have been more of the Basterds in it. Way too much dialogue and slow sections in the movie.
Exactly. Inglorious Basterds wasn't about them at all. Lame.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/24/09 09:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] lol it's a tarantino movie not Michael Bay or Sylvester Stallone. :rolleyes:
I realize that, but have you seen it? [/b]
That was directed more at Ace than you, but no I have not yet, planning to go soon.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/25/09 01:05 AM

You don't (or shouldn't) have previews of nothing but gunfire and talk of killing Nazis, and then have 2.5 hours of talking. Boring talking.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/25/09 09:20 AM

lol, like I said, if you knew ANYTHING about tarantino, you wouldn't have been expecting just another action flick.
Posted by: shedaisy49272

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/25/09 11:53 AM

Quote:
lol, like I said, if you knew ANYTHING about tarantino, you wouldn't have been expecting just another action flick.
Completely agree. If you don't like Quentin Tarantino, then why go see it??!!!
I will be seeing this movie later this afternoon...so as far as whether or not the movie is good I'll say later.
But look at some of the other movies he's done: Pulp Fiction lots of TALKING. Kill Bill some action however still a lot of TALKING. Reservoir Dogs lots of TALKING! lol I'm just saying don't expect an action packed film from Tarantino....

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/25/09 03:56 PM

Personally, I enjoyed Pulp Fiction... weird, but I liked it. Maybe because my boy Bruce Willis was in it. lol

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/25/09 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shedaisy49272:
Quote:
[b] lol, like I said, if you knew ANYTHING about tarantino, you wouldn't have been expecting just another action flick.
Completely agree. If you don't like Quentin Tarantino, then why go see it??!!!
I will be seeing this movie later this afternoon...so as far as whether or not the movie is good I'll say later.
But look at some of the other movies he's done: Pulp Fiction lots of TALKING. Kill Bill some action however still a lot of TALKING. Reservoir Dogs lots of TALKING! lol I'm just saying don't expect an action packed film from Tarantino.... [/b]
Thank you, now I know that. After giving him a chance, rest assured, I won't be seeing any of his crap again.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/26/09 01:26 PM

I guess I just didn't realize how different the movie could be from the previews. I've seen movies that looked good and sucked (obviously, we all have) but this one just seemed so far off from the way that it was portrayed in commercials and previews.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/26/09 03:41 PM

That was exactly what I was trying to say, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. lol

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/28/09 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
I acually want to see that, so dont tell me how it is! LOL
Boosten, I saw The Final Destination tonight. Lemme know when you see it. lol

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/28/09 07:47 AM

The fact that you had any interest in seeing that crap tells me you have no taste in movies.
Posted by: MAC GTP

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/28/09 03:24 PM

i thought it was funny and thats my opinion, if you dident like it thats your opinion. everyone is entitled to theirs

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/29/09 02:38 AM

Quote:
The fact that you had any interest in seeing that crap tells me you have no taste in movies.
Are you talking about Final Destination? Because if you are, I was going to see Halloween 2, but I went with a friend who wanted to see FD. And I didn't say whether or not I liked the movie.

And finally, just because I might have a different taste than you doesn't mean I have no taste at all. What an unbelievably arrogant thing to say.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/29/09 10:56 AM

Don't care if you liked it or not, the fact remains that you wanted to see it. The first one was retarded, what number are they up to now? This is at least the 4th. These people release garbage just to make another buck on the same movie.

Tarantino is my favorite director. It pisses me off that you rip on this movie because it wasn't some dumbed down action flick. Maybe you should have read a plot description instead of making assumptions about what you would be seeing. Tarantino has said over and over that it isn't a war flick.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/29/09 12:38 PM

Quote:

Tarantino is my favorite director. It pisses me off that you rip on this movie because it wasn't some dumbed down action flick. Maybe you should have read a plot description instead of making assumptions about what you would be seeing. Tarantino has said over and over that it isn't a war flick.
Then it shouldn't have been advertised as such.
Posted by: shedaisy49272

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/29/09 01:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Then it shouldn't have been advertised as such. [/b]
It may have came off as a war flick, but just knowing it is directed by Tarantino should have been warning enough. Like we have said before if you know you don't like his style, you probably will never like his movies, no matter how good the preview may look.

Zalfrin: I am also a huge Taratino fan, however everyone has different tastes in movies. I've worked at a video store for the past 6yrs. I've developed a open mind about all movies. I have recommended movies to customers that I hated and they ended loving it. To each their own.

No need to talk down other people because they don't like the same types of movies you do and that goes for everyone else too. I hate debates on who has the better taste in movies!!

Just my 2 cents...

Inglourious Basterds was a great movie in my opinion.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/29/09 05:30 PM

Quote:
Don't care if you liked it or not, the fact remains that you wanted to see it. The first one was retarded, what number are they up to now? This is at least the 4th. These people release garbage just to make another buck on the same movie.

Where did I say I wanted to see it? I saw it with a friend. I even said beforehand I thought it was going to be stupid. But I gave it a chance, just like I gave Tarantino.

So it's ok for you to not like Final Destination, but it's not ok for me not to like Tarantino? Where do you live, Communist Russia? Iran? OH, WAIT, I forgot, that's exactly the type of country we live in now...

And why should I have to go and look up the plot? That is what the commercials are SUPPOSED to be for. But they did an awful job advertising the movie, probably because they wanted to attract people like me to go see an unbelievably boring movie.

I think the movie was boring and stupidly long. I will tell anyone who asks the same thing. If you have a problem with that, deal with it. It's my opinion, and I have just as much entitlement to it as you do. Some people will agree with me, some won't. The ones that disagree, good for them. Tarantino has to have some fans otherwise he wouldn't make any money. But I don't hold it against them. Unfortunately, I gave him a chance, and I will not be one of those fans.

Get over it.

*EDIT* I don't dislike someone who disagrees with me, but I can't stand hypocrites. banghead

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/29/09 06:50 PM

All the things you've said about me can be applied just as easily to yourself. Pot meet kettle.

Why do you care what my opinion is anyways? Does my thinking you have bad taste in movies somehow affect you? It shouldn't.

I love how you took the opportunity to rip on America too, classy.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/30/09 02:19 AM

I didn't rip on America, I ripped on the people in it today.

And I'm not the one saying you have no taste because you disagree with me. It amuses me how you ask why I care what you think, when you were the one who said you were pissed because I was ripping on the movie. LOL

But, I'm done. You can feel free to think what you want. Nothing I say is going to show you how much of a hypocrite you are anyway. smile

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/30/09 01:03 PM

Whatever you say RWNJ, like I said pot meet kettle.

Re: Inglourious Basterds. - 08/30/09 01:31 PM

That was a tastefully done arguement by both sides of the street... I consider this one a DRAW! Well done... "Let's move on..." wink cheers