HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!!

Posted by: Kev-GTP

HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 04:45 PM

NEW GRAND PRIX!!!!

Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 05:18 PM

OH HELL YEAH! V8 with rear wheel drive!?!?! I want one!!!!! not sure about the body to much, but I like it
Posted by: jjcom

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 05:27 PM

Yeah!! That looks pretty good, wouldn't mind the whole car sitting another inch or 2 in the air but otherwise, not bad. I want to see what the coupe version looks like, I want to see them bring back the old door handle style, like on the 92-96 GPs. I think it started in 92 anyway. I think that'd give the car more of a smooth look on the sides.
Posted by: ShawnGP

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 05:45 PM

nice looks more smaller then the 2000's now but has a nice sleek look to it laugh
Posted by: brown

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 06:25 PM

the pic wont load, but I'm assuming it the car thats on the cover of this months auto trader.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
the pic wont load, but I'm assuming it the car thats on the cover of this months auto trader.
No, Motor Trend.
It's the Holden Commadore(sp?) dressed up to be the new Grand Prix.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 06:57 PM

Yup pretty much.
Ya'll should check out holden www.hsv.com.au they have some pretty neat stuff. Basically a ton of variants of the GTO.

I'm not entirely crazy about the front end.
Posted by: D

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 07:18 PM

Nice...I can't wait but I want to see more pics of it tho....
Posted by: brown

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/28/06 09:06 PM

I meant to type motor trend, but I've been having brain farts lately...
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/29/06 01:43 AM

Wow, it seems a little bit smaller but I love the engine choice.

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/29/06 08:19 AM

I think it's the Grand Prix's last hoorah.
Atleast they're letting her go out the way she should, V-8 with RWD.
Posted by: Chunkee

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/29/06 09:20 AM

Hmmm, if this comes to be, I may have to think about trading in my current one smile
Posted by: Mr_GTPeanut

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/29/06 11:11 AM

drooooooll. i want more!!!
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/29/06 11:15 AM

A REAL muscle car? NO WAY!!! Now slap a 16-22,000 USD sticker on it, and my Colleen may be used as a trade-in. That is freakin SWEET!!! I need that mag. It is on the newsstands right?
Posted by: Kev-GTP

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/29/06 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
A REAL muscle car? NO WAY!!! Now slap a 16-22,000 USD sticker on it, and my Colleen may be used as a trade-in. That is freakin SWEET!!! I need that mag. It is on the newsstands right?
Yeah it should be, it got it in the mail yesterday...

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/29/06 06:09 PM

I think subscribers get their copies first, then a couple of weeks later it'll hit the news stands.
Notice on the cover, "October 2006"
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/29/06 07:09 PM

Thats sweet!!!!

Kinda reminds me of a Lancer.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/30/06 02:11 AM

I read somewhere that this was to be the new G8...I personally think this would be a good idea to have the sedan be the Grand Prix...continue the coupe version as the GTO... and then make the sister car to the new Camaro a Firebird...like it always has been...the thought of building Camaros and GTOs side by side just doesnt settle with me at all.
Posted by: JPGTP

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/30/06 11:04 AM

slurp, slurp -- sorry yall kinda got a drool problem. That is sweet. Was waiting for the new firebird but if this is going to be rear wheel drive then I'll take one for the reason of having four doors. Can add a supercharger later.
ya know................
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/30/06 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Thats sweet!!!!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! lol. I really dont see the resemblance twixt that and the Lancer, or Evo. blasphemer.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/30/06 04:17 PM

Don't get your hopes up.

I'll bet there won't be a firebird. And the New G8 won't look anything like what motortrend is showing. I agree with Ordz it does look a little like a big mitsu.
Posted by: MULDIVEN

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/31/06 08:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Thats sweet!!!!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! lol. I really dont see the resemblance twixt that and the Lancer, or Evo. blasphemer. [/b]
lmao... i think it looks too much like a foriegn car (honda, etc...)
Posted by: Golden Glider

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 08/31/06 12:20 PM

The first thing I thought was "It looks like an Acura TL"
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 09/01/06 09:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Thats sweet!!!!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! lol. I really dont see the resemblance twixt that and the Lancer, or Evo. blasphemer. [/b]
I was thinking the same thing, couldnt put my finger on it, but it really does look like a Lancer to me too... I hate to say it tho... :rolleyes: but hey, I still really like it, esspecialy the V8 RWD, *drool*
Posted by: pedal down

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 09/01/06 11:52 PM

i dont think it will be produced although it would be nice.
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 09/02/06 07:59 AM

Looks like they are following the path of the Chrysler 300. I'd say it looks like a direct competitor; V8, RWD, big sedan.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 09/02/06 08:11 AM

I had read in High Performance Pontiac that Pontiac was looking into producing a new generation of V-8, rear drive performance cars, said to include a Grand Prix/Bonneville sedan, a new GTO, and possibly the Firebird.
If that Grand Prix does go into production, I wouldn't sweat that front end too much; most people will be seeing its tail lights... devilgrin
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 09/02/06 05:27 PM

I just read the article and given the size of my family I just might have to pass up the Camaro if that car comes on the market smile

Although I'd love it if they brought the longer wheel base model over. The Commodore Caprice.

links to the cars

The next GP?
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=4006&modelid=4006

and the Caprice. would be nice if they had an SSV version.
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=8000
Posted by: jjcom

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 09/02/06 06:52 PM

A new GP and Bonnevile, that'd be nice. I like the Bonnevile look on the older cars so if it's based off of that, I'd be happy...mmmm...2 door GP and 4 door Bonneviles...mmm
Posted by: Golden Glider

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 09/03/06 02:12 PM

I think the Commodore/GP looks kinda short. I would like if they brought the longer version as a GP, not a Bonny. I just like big cars though. I think my next car is gonna be a Cadillac, probably an STS or a DTS. Presidential style. But if they make the Holden Caprice as a GP, I would seriously consider getting that. Just my 2 cents.
Posted by: drwtsn32

Re: HOLY CRAP LOOK!!!!!!! - 09/11/06 06:26 PM

Awesome! I was thinking of getting a 2007 GXP but damn... this looks sweet. I may have to wait and see if Pontiac will really release this for the 2008 model year.