Check engine light bulb

Posted by: Dre da GP man

Check engine light bulb - 01/12/09 05:35 AM

I failed my emissions test because the check engine light bulb doesn't illuminate when I turn the key. So the guy said, its probably just the bulb that needs to be replace. I can't find it no where and what is the bulb # for the check engine light.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Check engine light bulb - 01/12/09 08:04 AM

If your in a hurry you can always pull your cluster apart and swap the bulb from the high beam indicator for your check engine light. Or another bulb that's in there. Iirc they are all interchangeable. I don't remember the bulb numbers though.

And even with the new bulb you'll still have to tear the cluster apart.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Check engine light bulb - 01/12/09 09:40 AM

The dash lights are 194's. Not sure if some of the highbeam and SES bulbs are the same as the speedo ones.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Check engine light bulb - 01/12/09 10:54 AM

From the Sylvania guide:

Instrument-general
PC195
PC74
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Check engine light bulb - 01/12/09 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
If your in a hurry you can always pull your cluster apart and swap the bulb from the high beam indicator for your check engine light. Or another bulb that's in there. Iirc they are all interchangeable. I don't remember the bulb numbers though.
Wouldn't he then fail because one of the other lights didn't come on...?

*EDIT* Oh, he said emissions test. I assumed it was just an inspection.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Check engine light bulb - 01/12/09 06:47 PM

Now that I think about it I think there was a spare bulb built in. When you look at the circuit board is says "spare" Not sure if it'll work for the SES light it's probably for the cluster lighting.